Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right, time to vent your spleen...use it or lose it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right, time to vent your spleen...use it or lose it!

Have to say i'm a bit concerned/pi**ed/tired of people slating this place in the last few days/weeks.

I'm all for constructive comment and we are not perfect BUT and to be fair its a big but...we are seriously passionate about all things S2 and nurturing a decent community and atmosphere. We've been doing it for almost 8 years now in some shape or form and given the comments, the community and general spirit of the place, i think we have a great place and something to be proud of and awarded too.

Sooooo, whats on your mind pls? List the good and bad points...we'll come to together as mods and admins and try and decide on a course of action.

The floor is yours...do your best and worst ladies and gents! BUT we need statement and a recourse please - its not a thread to bitch if you want something fixed, list it and tell us waht you want instead.

David
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

I have to say I don't see what people are moaning about... I think this is the best forum around and have found it a brilliant place for getting info, parts, super advice etc etc...

And all this is done in peeps spare time....

I take my hat off to all of you Guys & I thank you all for all the help and info I have gained from this forum....

I know there are some Narrow Minded & Highly Opinionated people about but that's life...

sigpic

New S2 - S8 & RS2 -RS6 Keyrings

Comment

IMHO, I think the forum provides unrivalled technical input for S2's, something I think is unachievable anywhere else in the world... The rest of the 'fun and games' is just that... It's the huge knowledge and skill that is invaluable.
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I have to agree with the above comments. I personally wouldn't change a thing. Used many forums and this is as good as it gets.

Great folk with some tremendous knowledge.

I have spent many years trying to please people only to learn as i have got older that it's impossible, at least all of the time that is.

Leave it alone fellas, what you fix for one will be disliked by another.

Keep up the good work..

Comment

Can you define what the purpose of the S2 Forum is?

Comment

Only thing i'd want is more projects to read

Sapphire cos running custom 2.8litre conversion,es cos rims,raven black leather interior and 500+ with the gas turned off.

Audi s2 cooking on gas

Comment

Ive not no issues with it atall
              I am getting the impression that some people seem to have an issue with either someone, or something on here, yet wont just come out with it!

Comment

hence the reason for the thread.....it's not inflamatory....just we cant address anything if people are not bold enough to step up and list their issues.
                sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by twoqu View Post
                  Mainly online Bingo...

Is it that opaque?
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Well personally speaking it is a place that I visit when I want to abuse people - Traditionally that is Fatty, Jamo and more recently Madwolf, but also BRY when the little Northern Monkey plays up and anyone who asks stupid questions

Other than that not much really - I guess I just read all the good stories, cringe at the bad ones, spend thousands on tuning goodies, marvel at Jas and his mobile disco (4 million LEDs installed and rising), waste huge amounts of money running loss making group buys on OEM looking boost gauges, laugh at Jamo's latest avatar, try to catch P.Diddy out on rare or strange parts (I'm never gonna win there) and generally waste time that I should spend working so I have to then work longer into the evening.

Is that not what forums are for then?

Cheers n

Si
                    95 ABY S2 Coupe - Ragusa Green
                    Subtle mods here and there

2011 A5 3.0 TDi - Lava Grey
                    With every option available (except a towball)

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                      Mainly online Bingo...

Is it that opaque?
                      Exactly my point!

Comment

Guys, dont fix something that´s not broken. I have used many forums over the years, and i just can´t find one thats even close to this place. I agree that people that have issues can speak up, but so far no one has. If they have any beef with actual persons then they can keep it within PM,s. I love this place and i see you all as my friends even though i have not met any of you. Keep up the good work and thank you for doing what you do.
                        Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

I am nearly on every day since I got my first s2 early last year. Its the best site bar none for any specialized interest not to mind just audi s2 / I5 (are there really any others). Bickering is normal, and everyone has opinions but in general i dont notice what you describe in the op, except maybe in for sale threads. IMOSHO sales threads should just be that, sales threads. Thats all i have really.

This site is great and pretty much essential for any s2 owner. I would be lost without it. Thanks guys
                          Eric

95 S2 Avant under rebuild.

Comment

Exactly my point!
                            Seriously though for a moment...what IS your point as I am not sure?

Its all things S2....the fun, the frustration and the sheer bloody cost of owning one. Its sharing that with like minded people rather tha trying to convince your better half. Its kinda like a virtual 'Cheers' Bar....everyone knows your name and what your day to say issues are
                            sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Great forum and like many of you I use a few !

My only niggle and its a small one is the fact you cannot re edit your posts, I'm always having people PM me over things I have sold a LONG time ago due to this and I know others have same problem.

Apart from that I can only backup what others have said, I wouldn't cope with owning a S2 without the information there is on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X