eBay nonsense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay nonsense.

The other day I bought an item on eBay, soon after clicking the buy button I realised it wasn't going to be suitable so I promptly contacted the seller to ask that he cancel my order.

I was told that he no longer cancels orders as it affects his "Transaction Defect Rate" which threatens his top eBay seller rating.
    He said he will refund my payment once I've paid and the goods are returned. If goods haven't been shipped, he will issue a refund once payment is received.

He is unwiiling to move from this position. I find this utterly ridiculous, it was a simple mistake which I had apologised for.

Has anyone else had to deal with a situation like this or have any advice to offer?

Sounds ridiculous, if you haven't paid then don't, as long as you don't make a habit of not paying then nothing will come of it.

Comment

Feel your pain and agree it's utterly ridiculous!

My situation was very similar about 4 weeks ago i bought on German ebay a pair of new boxed A2 headlights for what i thought was a good price and from a huge seller, I realised straight away after paying that they probably wouldn't be for RHD cars.To that effect i emailed them immediately this was 1am. They replied by 9am to say that indeed they were no good for me. I immediately asked them to cancel the order but by 5pm i received an email saying they had sent the parcels out. They told me that it was an automated system and they couldn't have cancelled it. Of course to me this was crazy and very frustrating.

Like you i had to return the massive boxes each at 780mm x 470 x 275 before i could get my refund.Post office wanted £70 so i went home with the boxes and booked with parcel 2 go online and booked with DPD courier. They picked them up last Friday for £34 all in. So although i lost £34 to send them back i was refunded yesterday the full purchase price and the £30 0dd pounds it cost me in postage for them to send them to me. It's ridiculous in this day and age fo any company to say they can't stop an order being processed even when you recognise your mistake straight away and inform them.

Ive normally been fine with ebay but recently i've found ebay to be a bit heavy handed. I had a pair of rods listed at £400 that had ended after a month. Because a complete stranger to me contacted me after the listing had ended i got a warning from ebay telling me i was in breach of their policy selling outside of ebay. I got on the phone to them and laughed saying "how can i be guilty of selling outside when a complete stranger to me wants to contact me about my rods to which i have no control over. She argued her point and i told her ebay is becoming a joke!

If i were you i would ring ebay and see of they will help and if they won't tell them your another very unsatisfied customer and will be telling all your friends! Good luck.
      96 URS6 plus speck saloon
      96 URS6 plus speck estate
      94 2.6 80 Avant
      99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Hi Will,
        I don't use eBay that much, this is the first time I've ever wanted to cancel an order.
        I tried contacting eBay through their chat function to resolve this. I was disconnected twice so gave up.
        I see no logic to paying for something that is unsuitable. Madness.

Comment

i would not pay a cent.

Comment

eBay are useless. Banned me for a week when a took a b2 cq off sale because someone had sent their phone number to me. Said I'd sold it outside of eBay. Funny that. Still sitting in my garage.
            Yet if I d have changed the listing to a different item them would have done nothing.
            I have to put contact details as I'm a business seller-legal information or something. So my phone email and address are there for anyone to find. Which many do and ring me directly-and then buy outside of eBay. They even told a customer once where to find my number.

Comment

I tried sending someone a message the other day about a car for sale. I wasn't allowed to send them my mobile number. The pop up also said you are not allowed to add an address. That was for ME the buyer. How are you supposed to swap details and take their address to view the car??
              B5 B6 B7 B9

Comment

Agree, They are getting heavy handed and really clamping down on selling away from them. I’ve had quite a few warnings, if their fees were reasonable people wouldn’t do it.
                I’ve started sending phone numbers etc by writing it down, photographing it then attaching it. It works so far but won’t be long until they catch on to that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ajax1976 View Post
                  Agree, They are getting heavy handed and really clamping down on selling away from them. I’ve had quite a few warnings, if their fees were reasonable people wouldn’t do it.

I only ever list now when it's a £1 final fee to pay which is great when you list something very popular and it sells for £££ **** em!
                  96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                  96 URS6 plus speck estate
                  94 2.6 80 Avant
                  99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

I had similar. Only the seller can cancel it if you have used buy it now. I finally persuaded the seller to cancel after telling him I'd bought another item locally. Original was collection only. I think your only option here is not to pay and take the hit for a non paid item.
                    Mike

http://www.s2-audi.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for the shared experiences and advice it's appreciated.

On a number of occasions I tried asking eBay customer service for assistance, but they were useless, not answering my clear and direct questions. I had a different representative reply to each and every question only repeating the rules and the same tired useless advice.

One rep said he would contact the seller to give him directions on how to go about canceling an order without affecting his performance stats, this was an empty promise. Another rep gave me directions which I was asked to pass on to the seller. What the hell is customer service for I ask?

As I wanted this matter closed I decided to pass this information on. The seller then tells this would still damage his precious stats.
                      So I told him mark it as a non-payment as I'm sick to death of dealing with this rubbish.

Comment

Working...
                      X