Big Reds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Reds

I am pretty sure that almost everyone clicking on this seeing the title probably thought this was going to be something about some mass produced, value engineered mechanical components from Germany but alas this is in the off topic section. This is a different piece of hardware from another continent from an alternative global producer which, this time, begins with a ‘H’.

So I need to know if any of you Bobandy’s have got your greasy little aubergine beaters on the insides of a 2005 Honda TRX 500 Big Red Foreman Quad or very similar. Sadly, too much abuse slamming it up the box without releasing the throttle has finally toasted my third gear. First gear was lost a while ago and starting in second has been no bother but losing third is tragic . If figure I have to split the block to get to the internals and I’ve got to take the lump out of the frame which is apparently a PITA so has anyone here done that who can give me a quick breakdown of the quickest route? I know I will need a full gasket set and obviously replace any broken parts but are there any other routine, hard to get to parts that should be replaced while I am there? Or even any cautionary observations?

Plus, is there anything worthwhile tweaking while I’m there for a bit more oomph? I can get her to hit a sniff under 80kph on one of my fields (downhill, LOL) but, like everything else that moves, a bit more gogo never goes amiss!

Thanks in advance!
    1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
    Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Lee not sure where you are based now you could give https://www.dannysdirtbikestore.co.uk/ for parts etc, a friend runs it and refurbs alot of moto x bikes
      Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Thanks Greg. It's a bit far from me but I'll certainly give him a shout for parts. Mines a farm quad so he might not be familiar with it but I am sure he can source the bits through his suppliers.
        1995 S2 Avant with some upgrades

Designun Limited....
        Aerospace, Space and Motorsport Design Consultancy and hardware supply.

Comment

Working...
        X