Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else DJ/mix or simply into Vinyl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was wondering when you'd be along John, as correct me if I'm wrong your a fellow sound engineer? Not that I've ever worked properly in the industry, not really many openings around here, there is Rockfield down Monmouth way and I did some work experience there.

I knew you'd have some tasty equipment, that Zappa record looks well loved.

After a lot of thought I went for HS5's mainly due to the size of my front room, I know the bottom end is slightly better on the 7's & 8's and they're all very unforgiving at the top end, but the trims on my mixer sort that no problem. Then I thought if two sound this good maybe I should go for four and not have to drive them as hard. Seems to have worked out very well for the style of music I mix, which averages 165/170 BPM most of which has a very distorted square wave 909 kick drum, I'm yet to have run out of volume with them. I have to tweak the mixer a touch for rock and metal but that's not a problem.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
      I still have quite a collection but haven't played anything for years. Mainly Floyd, 10cc, Santana and other rock. Also like Sabboth. I think I have heaven and hell in the collection?
      My mate is the guitarist in Sendelica. Space rock style. He makes more money selling limited edition vinyl records than anything else. Some of his early stuff is now quite rare, collectable and expensive. Check out space hopper blues Kit. I think you will like
      Taken the time to find a decent upload of that Space Hopper Blue's track, you were quite right, I do like it, but would never have found it without you mentioning it. Am now about halfway through the album Streamdelica, very interesting style of music, it's really cleverly put together, might not be to everyone's tastes but I rate it. Dream Mangler is a crazy track!
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Nothelle S2 Avant
        Black Ur project
        Ocianic Ur project gone
        S2 Coupe project gone
        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
        X