Stuff the EU!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuff the EU!!!!

I've had two packages returned to me today that were supposed to be going to EU country's for no apparent reason, to say I'm pissed off is an understatement.

One, a K24 turbo never even left the UK as apparently this a 'prohibited item'... I've read the list in detail and it bloody well isn't and further down the list it says you can send a gearbox, just with no cover, so what the issue is with a turbo God only knows. I'm going to be taking this up with Parcelforce.

The second item, a pair of RS2 intercooler end tanks happily made it through Belgian customs only for the the Belgian post to decide they didn't want to deliver the package, no explanation whatsoever. Again I'm going to be taking this up with Royal Mail.

I'm going to get these item to the buyers using another courier, but after these two that's it I'm not sending stuff to the EU any longer.

Rant over!
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

It's our punishment for having the booollox to leave them, King Kanuts

Comment

The Belgian post will only try to deliver to a Belgian address, from the UK, after their administration fees have been paid by the receiver. This is a minimum of about €37 and is completely additional to courier costs.
      (I forget the exact amount)
      I don't get anything delivered direct from the UK now. Nightmare.
      Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
      S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
      '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Oh. For Belgium, as far as I have found, all couriers are the same and will charge additional fees to the receiver before they attempt delivery.
        Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
        S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
        '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Same thing happened to me using DHL. They didn't even respond to my emails as to why they returned the parcel but luckily I paid with PayPal and they refunded me.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I paid for the turbo using Paypal so perhaps I'll be able to get a refund, thanks for the tip Dave.

As for the Belgian post office, thanks for the info Chris. ... However they didn't even try and contact the buyer, it must be a nightmare getting anything over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
              It's our punishment for having the booollox to leave them, King Kanuts
              Indeed, it does seem like the EU is now making life as hard as possible for private individual's to send anything from the UK to folk in any of the members of their special little club of corruption and bureaucracy.

I'm standing by my decision to vote leave as I'm Libertarian and have a built in dislike of unnecessary rule's, of which we have enough already.

But it's a pity we can't even send our friends in Europe 'gifts' without it being a lottery as to whether they actually receive them or not.

I can understand them making it harder for big businesses but to pick on the individual is simply petty and unfair.

Apparently I'm supposed to be getting a letter from Parcelforce today with some sort of explanation regarding the turbo, it will almost certainly be total BS but I will have to wait and see what they've got to say for themselves.

That one I'm putting down to 'diversity' hiring as it never left the UK... I reckon an employee with a limited grasp of English read the word 'charger' and thought it was explosives or something equally absurd. I've sent two other turbo's with near identical descriptions this year with them and they both got to their recipients fine.

As for the Belgian post office, what a bunch of tosser's, as far as I can tell from the tracking the didn't even try and contact the recipient, though I'm yet to hear back from that member.

Comment

Man votes to leave the EU then complains about losing some benefits of being in the EU. It's a fairly common theme.

The ironing is delicious.

Comment

Well if you are happy to be ruled by a bunch of unelected elites, thats fine by you, but not by me.

At least we have what on the surface appears to be democracy in the UK, even if it may be rather broken round the edges, it is still better than being told what to do by Brussels.

Comment

Told what to do?

Comment

My misses hates ironing

Comment

Originally posted by sidrick View Post
                        Man votes to leave the EU then complains about losing some benefits of being in the EU. It's a fairly common theme.
                        I knew it would make certain things harder and that’s fair enough…. Though for it to be more hassle sending an item to Belgium than Texas in the state’s is absolutely absurd.

Did you see that BBC documentary Paxman made about the EU a few years ago? The amount of money they waste on jolly’s and unnecessary administration is staggering. That money could be spent helping less well off country’s and people.

Comment

Wonder if they'll want our help when Putin carries on with his expansion dreams

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post
                            Wonder if they'll want our help when Putin carries on with his expansion dreams
                            I stopped watching the news about a month ago, it's too depressing, we've let him get the upper hand and now he's a big, big problem, that man means business. The parallels with silly moustache man are simply uncanny.

As much as I found Trump to be an odious fellow he was at least basically with it, Biden on the other hand is a total disaster, I actually feel sorry for the guy as he's obviously too old to do the job properly. Putin watched the mess he made of withdrawing from Afghanistan and thought....'Yippy!!! Now I can do what I want'.

As much as it pains me to say it if Trump had been in charge I very much doubt we'd be in such an awful situation now, though who's know it could be even worse.

I do know there's no easy answer and the poor people of The Ukraine are suffering terribly.

Comment

Didn't Trumpy stop the military aid to Ukraine? There were rumours he was under the power of Putin . Did you see his press conference in Moscow with Putin? Very embarrassing.
                              I agree Biden seems past his use by date but he appears to be supporting Ukraine well now.
                              It's well worth watching the bbc4 documentaries on Ukraine, Moldova and Putin. Very informative and made before the war started.
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                              X