Moving job and house... dilemmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving job and house... dilemmas

I'm about to move job and house. The former is caused by the whole "company-being-taken-over-and-time-to-move-on-thing". The latter is caused by not wanting an insane commute in the new job.

This throws up several problems... looking for somewhere to live with Mrs. Ck, who is of a more errr... artistic mind... than me, so she's really taken by the prettily done up victorian house which has no garage, no covered parking and a drive which makes the white cliffs look like a gentle incline. I on the other hand quite like the not-quite-as-pretty extended 70's built property with level parking space for six (yes, six) cars, two of which are in a good size double garage.

The house with the inspection pit as part of the garage we both agreed was overpriced, tempting though the thought was...

There's also the issue of the longer commute (60 mile round trip compared to the current 6) which begs whether to get a second car (diesel or LPG) for the daily slog rather than use the S2. P/R plate (-ish) A4/A6 TDi is tempting.

The biggest dilemma of course is whether to have one beer or two before having the conversation with her

Ck.
    Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

two beers i reckon. I got a seat toledo TDI and has been an excellent commuting car
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Alternative, get her to drink 2 beers before haveing the chat?
      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Space is money in my view, the more you have the more it is worth in the future. Besides you'll need a garage to use as a dog house when your in it. My garage is my dog house, and i love it.
        Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.--:Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madwolf_Uk
          Alternative, get her to drink 2 beers before haveing the chat?
          Noooooo She takes in quite enough calories as it is

Originally posted by Graham
          Besides you'll need a garage to use as a dog house when your in it.
          Good point. Since the double garage in question has power and lights it'd be easy enough to spend too much time in there tinkering (with tail between legs or not).

Originally posted by Greg_S
          I got a seat toledo TDI and has been an excellent commuting car
          Fair suggestion. Was thinking about the A4/A6 route because (a) it's got four rings on the bonnet (yeah, call me a car snob ), and (b) might have to travel with colleagues as passengers on way to meetings etc. What's the Toledo like for passengers?

More viewings this coming weekend, see what happens after that.

Ck.
          Shocked, exhausted, hosed, bushed, dumped, chipped, mounted, filtered, gauged, packed, intermittantly wiped and braked. I mean broken. Now, about the car...

Comment

Noooooo She takes in quite enough calories as it is
            CK she looks pretty slim in your avatar
            S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Originally posted by laser avant s2 View Post
              CK she looks pretty slim in your avatar
              If only

Ck.
              PS My better half knows about the whole Kylie thing and is cool with it. I tolerate her Take That obsession, she tolerates my Kylie fetish.

Comment

Working...
              X