Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On my old PC!

Hi guys!

I'm currently connected to the internet with my old PC - all of 128Mb and 550KHz processor - mega power!!! It's better than no internet at all.

I tried to read the replies in the other thread but I keep getting punted out of S2 forum when I do, so I thought I'd just write another message.

Just to explain, I don't think I have the XP disc as I bought the other PC as an unboxed demo model back in 2005, it's occasionally been a little narky but usually it would be fine. I might need to get XP installed at a local shop.

I hope I don't need to lose the data on HD#1 as HD#2 is not backed up to date, it's a couple of months behind (bad me!) so I would lose pictures from a shoot I did a few weeks ago, the more recent shoot is still on my CF cards and I bought new cards for tomorrow's shoot.

But like I said no worries, I am sure it will be alright!

See you all around and thanks for your efforts!
    Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

re

did you fit my old side exit exhaust in the end martin?

andy

Comment

Its sitting in his hall way, looks good tho

Comment

martyn let me know you need some computer assistance i will come down for a pint as I'm just down the a11

Comment

If you need an XP SP2 disc then i can send one if required. for "evaluation" purposes only you understand

Comment

Cheers guys I've just switched this old PC to (get this!) IE6 - it's not ideal but at least it's not kicking me out of threads on S2 forum now!!!

Pascal I'll bear your offer in mind but I should be able to get something sorted at a place only five miles from me, Kev thanks too, I will also keep you in mind!
            Martin Cutting

aka Keeper of "The Teutonic Kitten"

It's not better than sex, but it runs it a close second.

Comment

Martin, If you ownly really use the PC for general taks like browsing, word processing etc you could just install a linux variant like Ubuntu or Fedora instead. and its free!
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
              X