Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer problem on the lappie

Hi guys.....

I have recently had a bit of a trojan manage to get through teh defences somehow.... Keeps bringing up IEdefender and trying to scan the pc via the browser. Also get a bleeding message saying your PC s infected use this to ..... blah blah blah.....

Anyone had this before or know how to get rid of it...

I have tried a thing called fixiedef. and it failed miserably.... I have also now got AnitVIR running next to AVG and spybot is not picking it up at all........ Also tried running avast and that does not pick it up either...

HELP.... It is driving me mad and my Gfriend thinks all I do is sit and look at dirty pictures on the net all day as that is all that keeps coming up... Good thing I have two pc's eh......

Cheers

Az
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

does it come up in a grey box
    94 s2 avant
    aoc member 1116

Comment

No a normazl windows type box
      Dark Grey Avant
      RS2 FARB
      Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Says

Your computer is infected by unknown trojan it is dangerous for your system and critical files can be lost!!!

click okay to download the antispyware program to remove it from your system.....

Also the browser if using google I get a box in the search which says your browser has been hijacked click here to download antipyware software to remove.. The that goes to a program called file secure 2.1....

Really doing my head in as have tried all I can think off
        Dark Grey Avant
        RS2 FARB
        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

There is a program called 'Hijack This'. Its very very aggressive, and is easy to delete critical system components so if you do use it be very careful.

BTW, dont use several antivirus programs side by side.

Simply use avast. I would also suggest running an avast boot time scan before going any further. http://www.schmahl.net/?Page=cr/avastbootscan.htm
          '93 S2 Coupe

Comment

I use kaspersky it got rid of a trojan that I caught through a blond moment, when all others failed, had tried norton and mcafee

Comment

I use McAfee and it seems to keep my machine clean. You could pop up the A5 and I could take your hard disk out (presuming it's not soldered to the board), pop it into a caddy and see if McAfee can sort it out.

Is your hard disk full of media files and stuff or relatively small? If it's small I could also make an image using Acronis True Image (fab backup software), just in case it doesn't work and more agressive options are later used and it goes ****-up. I use a Solid State Drive, which is pretty small compared to normal hard disks and only have about 5Gb of space left. I do have a DVD writer, but I don't have any disks (never used it) and I'm not sure if Acronis will write directly to DVDs.
              David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Cheer sguys will ahve another stab at it tomorow, Back at work at 6am (only 7 hrs off) so time to get some kip.
                Once again cheers and I will let you know how it goes tomorow
                Az
                Dark Grey Avant
                RS2 FARB
                Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Hi guys, May have fixed the problem as I don't get the annoying little screen up anymore..... I have done a system restore on the explorer, resetting all factory settings (losing a few things along the way) but it seem that the thing has been beaten, will have to wait a bit to see if it rears its ugly head else where, then it will prob be time for a Fdisk methinks.....
                  Dark Grey Avant
                  RS2 FARB
                  Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Yep - system restore will have sorted the problem - if I were you thought I would download Search and Destroy and run it every two weeks or so - you also get updates for Search and Destroy that keep your HIT log up to date to dael with the latest PESTS.

Martin.

Comment

Originally posted by Azman View Post
                      Fdisk
                      David

'91 3B S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Bosscat View Post
                        Yep - system restore will have sorted the problem - if I were you thought I would download Search and Destroy and run it every two weeks or so - you also get updates for Search and Destroy that keep your HIT log up to date to dael with the latest PESTS.

Martin.

I have done this to Spybot S&D is the best thing i have found to get rid of any spyware that has snuck in
                        93 S2 Avant Parting
                        91 URQ RR
                        02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Guys, It snuck in under Spybot, just to give you the bad news.....
                          Dark Grey Avant
                          RS2 FARB
                          Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

@s2dave, yup that is one way to def cure the little blighter, Got all my disks ready for it yesterday but thought I would give a few more bits a try as it is a right PITA to sort out
                            Dark Grey Avant
                            RS2 FARB
                            Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Ok in this situation you need to disable system restore as the spyware gets stored in this area with the snapshots that are taken.

Run a spyware scan using windows defender and maybe ad-aware, also use HJT to check for any abnormalities..

I would then go online and use trend Housecall online scan to find and remove any threats that it can find! If that doesn't fix it then rebuild it! shouldn't take very long...

If that fails download a linux distro and enjoy the benefits of free Computing!

Comment

Working...
                              X