Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the land of the living

Hi guys,

Been away for a bit had a scary moment last week and ended up in the hospital for a bit.

Story on the short.

Fitting bathroom sink last monday, bent down to fix toilet bowl to floor, WHACK!!! Bang goes the front of my head on the sink...... Stars fall to9 floor, down but not out. Shake it off and finish the job. (after banging my head another couple of times on the sink!!!)

Tuesday eve, small headache at back of head top of spine.

Wed morn, stonking headache at back of head and round front of head above eyes.

Wed aft - Bummer all is now blurry and can't really see much.... go home from work and lie down for a bit.

wed eve - Gfriend comes home from work, Guess what, can't really see her and headache felt like someone had stuck an axe in the back of my head and was tapping it in with a sledge hammer......
    Carted of to A&E by the missus as paracetamol not even touching the headache.

4 hrs later, admited to hospital for observation with possibly PAPILEODEMA (think that is spelt right), basically caused by high BP or bleeding in teh brain!!!! OF course the missus goes a bit worried at this point (teary and all)

Given lots of painkillers and anti inflamitories and kept in overnight with half hourly BP checks (nice for the sleeping pattern NOT!!). Anyway, see the docs in the morning, BP stillextorsionate, still cant see, some one now going full wedge on the axe in the back of my head!!!

CT scan my old lad said the doctor.
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Powerflex Front wishbone bushes
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Right then, results came through, ERM right then sir we want to do an MRI scan now the CT scan shows a shadow at the front of the skull, we can't depict exactly what it is, Okay then chaps go for it......

6Hrs later (you have to love the NHS don't you really) so it is now 3.30pm. Lovely doctor comes through, right then posible change of plan....... OKAY the what are you up to now.....

Spoken to radiologist and he says that an MRI would not really show fully what the shadow is due possibly to the orientaton of it. DO a Lumbar Puncture.... Sorry being a bit naieve, what is one of them then..... Doctor says, Ah um, well it is also called a Spinal Tap!!!!

RUN was the first instict I got but didn't as I would have run into the first wall I couldn't see and knocked myself out again probably!!.

So after having that done and waiting for the results on the friday I was sent home with the all clear, still have a CT shadow at the front of my skull and a few holes in my back from the 10 attempts to get the bleeding spinal tappy thing in. Oh and a bloody bad back too...... The Joys of DIY...and the NHS

Ahhh the final diagnosis afetr all that, MILD CONCUSION!!!
    Dark Grey Avant
    RS2 FARB
    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Well done for sticking that through mate.

Glad to hear its nothing to serious.
      91 S2 coupé - RIP
      98 S8 - Luxury barge

Comment

Bloody hell mate!!

Good to hear it wasn't more serious & glad you're ok

no more on the head if you can lol.
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Glad to hear your ok Az you old head banger sounds like you either need a bigger bathroom or a smaller head buddy reminds me of a few summers back when i walked out into my back garden (barefoot) and trod straight on several razor shells my little ones had stuck in the lawn after theyd been to this beach lost 3 pints of blood nearly passed out numerous times I survied thanks to my high pain thresh hold and ninja `mind over matter` trainning
          S2 + RS2 yep ive had a few love em... Laser red S2 avant... Brilliant black lhd RS2... Polar silver RS2... RS blau RS2... CheeRS Al

Comment

Whoa...

Didn't realize plumbing was such an 'extreme sport', next time maybe get a man in?

Lucky you had the gf to cart you off to hopital, blokes and pain and all that...its allright dear it doesn't hurt much!!!

Got a mtb helmet you can borrow for next time.

Enjoy the time off.
            Carlos.

On the look out for less bits for my s2 saloon project. Now supporting myself by shooting for my food. www.airgunforum.co.uk

Comment

be thankful you didn't do it on a Friday, because unless they consider you an emergency they don't CT's or anything else (except x-rays) over the weekend

I had to suffer through a weekend with temp of over 38, being unable to eat or drink, eventually getting so de-hydrated that my BP crashed to 90/60 and I had to be put on a drip.

Glad you came through it OK though

Comment

He man what happend........

good luck on your recover.
                RS for ‘Rennsport’ - ‘Motorsport’ in German

Comment

Holy schmoke - thats scarey... With the Spinal Tap story I think Azman will have to rename himself to David St.Hubbins !

Jees - get well... You only get one head !

Paul
                  Paul Nugent
                  Webmaster http://S2central.net
                  Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
                  2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
                  2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

Thanks for the cheer up guys, Strange feeling though keep being a bit absent minded over the smallest things at the mo tho.... Off to the docs tomorow for a post check up, might just bring the keep forgetting things up. Just been to do a full weeks shop at Tesco and came home with a loaf of bread, an optitions appointment and some milk....... and I was in there for about an hour (gfriend called me and told me to come home she will do it later) Ah well and i am back to work 6am WED!!!! Happy Happy Joy Joy
                    Dark Grey Avant
                    RS2 FARB
                    Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Sounds like you very lucky as i have seen this before and turn out allot worse...The moto out of this story is pay someone else to do the plumbing and get BUPA health cover ASAP.....
                      93 S2 Avant Parting
                      91 URQ RR
                      02 A4 tdi Avant

Comment

Well here we go off to the docs for a check up before back to work tomorow morning (if they will let me), Cheers for the thoughts guys.
                        Dark Grey Avant
                        RS2 FARB
                        Alloy Subframe Bushes

Comment

Working...
                        X