No announcement yet.

Broadband & phone help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks - I'll check out all these suggestions - I'm just so disappointed by Virgin. Guess what, they haven't phoned me back yet.
    Ex S2 owner, now running around in an A4 Avant quattro...

Comment

I used to be with NTL and when that changed to Virgin, countless problems with disconects and customer service.

Now with Sky with the whole package, nice price and the service aint bad, bearing in mind i play online games.

Will say that appear to get random disconnects now and then, mYBE 2-3 a week tops, but i think its either an internal problem (4 PC's off one router, 2 on wireless) or just my location, would guess its pretty busy in london for broadband!
      Audi A4 1.8Tq

VW Passat 1.8T RIP

Comment

Dan, drop me a pm, I work for BT and might have a solution ;-)

on a train right now but i'll reply this evening
        cheers
        David
        sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by s2avant View Post
          Currently on a 20Mb cable connection which regularly hits 18-19Mb speeds due to the fact that not a lot of people use cable in my area.
          I'm lucky if i get 512K. In the next village to where I live they burnt a BT phone box as a protest last bonfire night. They're not happy about broadband still being unavailable. But then, it doesn't seem like that long ago that we had to share a phone line with our neighbours.
          SS

Comment

I used to be on ntl and never had no problems with them, no complaints at my high downloads etc.

I then went on to bt when I moved back to baldock in herts and tbh I won't even entertain the idea of going back to them, high internet prices, high phone line prices, and charges as I went over my 40gb download limit each month (well I went over that in a week) they charged me £1 a gig so I was paying an extra £160+ a month on charges even after I complained they had not told me anything about this when I signed up etc and they dropped it one month but had already built up the charges for the next.

I'm now using Toucan and tbh best net i've found since very good download speeds good connection and its very cheap with the phone included.

Comment

I was on the phone to Virgin last night ,i was fed up with paying £100 a month
              so wanted to see what they could do,the night before i talked to SKY and got a package
              for £37 pm and orded this,so i told virgin this and they did me a TV BB AND PHONE inc
              BT line rental for £35 ,i couldnt be bothered to switch realy so i phoned SKY to cancel
              was on the phone 1 hour trying to get talked out of cancelling and they offered me 3 months half price ect ,my broadband is 8 meg and never lets me down ,result hope they
              dont let me down
              sigpic

Comment

Just hope you get a better wireless router with sky than my g/f did as I absolutely hated the router, kept dropping connection so you'd have to keep resetting the router and it took them a while to set it up.

Fingers crossed for you

Comment

im with virgin and ntl before that never had a problem but just before crimbo i rang them to say i was thinking of changing my provider, i only have broardband by the way and more or less straight away they offered me 6 months half price rental so i was quite happy but if you`ve had bother well i`m not sure, but i woudn`t go with tiscali my mums had a complete nightmare with them
                  ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                  THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                    Dan, drop me a pm, I work for BT and might have a solution ;-)

David

Ahh you must have option 3 with vision thrown in then David, to replace the share's eh.
                    What a great idea that was.

I have BT broadband + BT vision but my voice/telecom is with talk talk much cheeper call charges & never had a problem in 18mnts.

Oh no that's put the kiss of death on it.!!
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah except that i cant get vision cos the line speed is so sh*te and as a registered homeworker i have a work BB connection anyway...

So i was thinking of 'gifting' it as you can do....I mean BB and Vision for £2, now that IS a fantastic deal

Work for BT too?
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Greg_S View Post
                        I use www.plus.net and have had no issues with them at all, good prices and have my phone with them too
                        Same here - I have the top package where the bandwidth is limited at 40gb but unmetered bandwidth between 12am-8am

Comment

@David you have a PM

Comment

The plusnet package looks quite good. Am on hold to Virgin "Customer Services" again, what chumps.

David don't suppose you have any more info on your BT offer?

Comment

If you go with plusnet you can give me a referral?

Comment

You beat me to it LOL
                                Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Working...
                                X