Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got busted for no NCT today..

NCT is the Irish equivalent of the MOT.

My CQ was long over due but as it was off the road i never bothered doing anything about it. Until today when i needed a car for work, the S2 has no engine or gearbox at the moment so i had to take the CQ. As is just my luck i got pulled, now have ten days to get the car NCT'd, and will possibly get done for driving a car with no valid cert = license points

So lesson learned, don't red line away from traffic lights unless your legal
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

ah thats a nightmare....must get my 306 sorted too as although off the road, its sans tax and mot and not declared SORN.
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Not good to hear, its different over here that you get the 10 days to get the car thru the test, over here we don't get that option.

Comment

What does SORN meen?? Have seen it a few times and always wondered...
        Audi 80 Competition -94 Daily driver

www.garaget.org/fish for more pic´s of my cars

Comment

Statutory off Road Notice... (SORN)

It means it's a registered vehicle to the authorities, BUT, it is not allowed onto the public highway... eg, stored off road and on private land.

Hope this helps
          85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
          93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

I got fined £80 just for forgetting to sorn the bloody 20v that sat outside on my drive for a few months
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            1990 CQ20v
            2001 3.0 B6 A4 Avant Quattro Sport

Comment

I pushed a car onto the street one day before xmas that had no engine or gearbox. It was there for an hour and had my trade plates displayed in the window. It was clamped and I was fined £260 for the privilage. Apparently trade plates are only applicable if you are sat in the car.
              Audi Nut!!!

Comment

clamping mother funglers. thank god there's not much of that goes on up this way.
                What happens if you just use a stihl saw to cut the clamp off and deny all knowledge of the clamping?
                1990 CQ20v

Comment

Originally posted by fourcircle View Post
                  clamping mother funglers. thank god there's not much of that goes on up this way.
                  What happens if you just use a stihl saw to cut the clamp off and deny all knowledge of the clamping?
                  9" grinder in hand I read through the notice before I chopped it up into tiny pieces.
                  It says that it is an offence to even enter the vehicle let alone remove the clamp and photographic evedence has been taken from every angle. The B***tards. And true enough when I payed the fine and they came to remove the clamp again they took photo's of every angle to prove they have not damaged the vehicle in any way or that it has been tampered with...
                  Audi Nut!!!

Comment

must take a restrained hand not to use that same 9" grinder on the c*nt that turned up to remove the clamp & take the photos.
                    I'm not really a violent guy but these people sicken me.
                    1990 CQ20v

Comment

It gets worse I then had to pay a further fine of £80 cause the local office reported it to DVLA head office for it being on the public highway without tax. The £260 was just to have the clamp removed and if I had not paid the fine within 12 hours it went up a further £100 per day untill it was deemed to be un-economical and it would have been crushed.
                      Audi Nut!!!

Comment

oooooooooohh that's nasty
                        1990 CQ20v

Comment

That wasn't a good idea, forgetting is one thing but that's a hell of a risk to take, I take it your insurance is null and void too without and MOT?
                          Cheers'en, AndyC
                          1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I once did this as a mistake...Took the car and got an MOT and went and handed it in and never heard nothing about it...

Comment

Good point on the insurance, if there was an accident caused by mechanical failure they would have a good reason to void the policy. The thing is NCT's have only recently been enforced by law, they did have the right to take the car off me so it could have been much worse.

On a related note how do they test suspension/brakes in the mot? The NCT test centers have basically a dyno they use to test the brakes one axle at a time, doesn't look very torsen diff friendly too me
                              91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
                              93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
                              94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Working...
                              X