• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got more power than Paul on the same chip
    Cheers'en, AndyC
    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

I'm not writing maps for myself, I'm flashing cars. There's a big difference as I'm effectively reselling a product. I don't have the knowledge to map a car properly and so I buy maps from someone who does, many tuners do the same thing. I think the VAG community isn't quite as power obsessed as the Subaru or Evo lot. Most know that it's not about headline figures, and not only that I know of some of the "so called experts" you're no doubt talking about and I agree with you.

Having a liability form is a good idea I suppose, but surely it doesn't give a customer a very good impression?
      1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
      2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
      1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

If it saves you paying out through the small claims court then it's worth losing a sale a year IMO.
        Cheers'en, AndyC
        1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

A mate of mine took his Bora 130 tdi to a local mapper recently (who has a good reputation by the way) for a 40bhp (ish) increase,he came to pick it up and drove it off down the road.He said it went like **** for about 200 metres then clouds of black smoke started pouring out of the exhaust/engine.Basically the turbo had blown and a load of oil ended up in the exhaust.He managed to limp it back to the place and he agreed to fix the car(only due to him knowing him a bit from years back),needed a new turbo/catalyst and all the pipework/IC cleaning due to the oil which i would have though would have been between 1000-1500
          The bloke said it wasn't worth him claiming on his insurance,so he must have a hefty excess.And in future he is going to make customers sign away their rights to having their engine fixed!!Worth thinking about

Comment

Working...
          X