paypal fees% on a £1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paypal fees% on a £1000

i am wondering what the fee % is on a £1000? When recieving money in the uk.
    Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
    Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

I done £900 and it was pretty bad! I think something like 40-70?
    Chef

Comment

You can recieve it for free if the sender has the money in their account already and sends it as a gift.

If the sender has no money in their account they can load money from their bank and once it's cleared their paypal then they can send it for free.

Comment

I make it £34.20. Thats 3.4% +0.20 GBP.

Comment

Thats a lot - even the big banks would only charge about 25 quid for that sort of transfer.
          Paul Nugent
          Webmaster http://S2central.net
          Administrator http://S2forum.com

1994 S2 Coupe ABY - aka Project Lazarus
          2001 A6 allroad 2.5TDi - family tank
          2003 S4 Avant 4.2 V8 - daily burble

Purveyor of HomeFries and Exclusive agent for Samco hose kits (S2/RS2)

There are only 10 kinds of people that understand binary - those that do, and those that don't

Comment

If you've got a Personal account then it should be 3.4% + 20p so £34.20

Source: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...ide&countries=

But, if the payment is sent as a gift then sometimes no fees are paid, I'm not sure exactly how this works though as I have been forced to pay the fees when sending a gift before. Also one thing to bear in mind is that the buyer/person sending the money has no protection against fraudulent sellers.

HTH

Comment

Duplicate information removed.

Comment

Sod that, can't you do a bank transfer? PayPal and ebay are really taking the **** nowadays, I just got a bill for 10% of the sale of some wheels!!!!
                1994 Audi S2 Avant - in pieces
                2006 Skoda Octavia vRS 2.0TFSi - goes fast
                1985 Audi 90 quattro - is wet

Don't forget the East Midlands Meet -Last Tuesday of every month at 7:30pm just off M1 J28!![/COLOR]

Comment

yeah i thought it was slightly less than 3% but either way its a massive cut
                  sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by epic View Post
                    You can recieve it for free if the sender has the money in their account already and sends it as a gift.

If the sender has no money in their account they can load money from their bank and once it's cleared their paypal then they can send it for free.
                    Then the sender pays the paypal fees, unless its under £50, in which case i think it is free.
                    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Thanks for the replies
                      Audi A6 AEL 5cyl Quattro breaking.
                      Audi A5 3.0tdi Quattro Stage 2

Comment

Originally posted by willcoles View Post
                        If you've got a Personal account then it should be 3.4% + 20p so £34.20

Source: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...ide&countries=

Also one thing to bear in mind is that the buyer/person sending the money has no protection against fraudulent sellers.

HTH
                        Second on this be careful if not using a CC to fund your purchase
                        Cheers mis amigos,
                        _Anton

Comment

Working...
                        X