How to build a jet engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to build a jet engine

Just in case any of you missed this programme last week as I did. Here it is on BBC I player, enjoy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...bo_Jet_Engine/
    S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Watched that last week, REALLY good!

The one about the astute stub was good also, 9pm BBC2 tonight is the final one abut military technology.
    S2Forum.com Administrator

Comment

Loved the jet engine one, the inflated titanium blades are a work of art, would love one in my living room as an ornament
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

Mind boggling stuff!!!!
        The Perfectionist
        sigpic
        Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Brilliant program they must be a silly amount of money as the engine management is £750,000!!!!!! Looking forward to the one tonight after topgear.
          Just some finishing touches to do now

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee M View Post
            Brilliant program they must be a silly amount of money as the engine management is £750,000!!!!!! Looking forward to the one tonight after topgear.
            I believe one of the Rolls Royce Trent engines from the A380 is something like £10 million
            S2 Avant......fully loaded :rock: :bow: Slipper Wagons Rule !!!!!

Comment

Saw this last Sunday and really enjoyed it. Great to see the British leading the world in something!!
              '93 S4 Avant now back on the road complete with new shiny go faster bits.

Comment

It blew my mind!

" we make each compressor blade from a single crystal that we grow " eh!
                Rob..
                94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                87 UR 20v ABY
                97 S6 Avant
                96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                  It blew my mind!

" we make each compressor blade from a single crystal that we grow " eh!

Turbine blades.

I did have some turbine blades I had scrapped when I used to work in an engine shop, brought some home so show my dad. Next day found them in the recycling bin!
                  1994 URS4 Avant RS2+

Comment

Originally posted by Kieron20V View Post
                    Turbine blades.

I did have some turbine blades I had scrapped when I used to work in an engine shop, brought some home so show my dad. Next day found them in the recycling bin!
                    Sorry! had beer...
                    Rob..
                    94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                    87 UR 20v ABY
                    97 S6 Avant
                    96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                    1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

yeah was an excellent programme, need more of that stuff on tv these days rather than the cr*p they usually put on. Just got to love the sound of a huge jet engine spool up the fan case integrity check to keep a lost fan inside and the water ingress testing was pretty cool too
                      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

was working at Bournemouth intl for a former F1 Austrailian team owner for his airline,A 747 took off at the same time a flock of birds did,sucked a few in,engine coughed a little,bit of flame then purred like a kitten,Rolls Royce RB211..........fantastic peice of kit

Comment

Working...
                        X