My Partner Just Scammed via ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Partner Just Scammed via ebay

My partner just sold a new mobile phone £300 on ebay, buyer asked to collect and pay straight away via paypal.

Phone collected and paypal payment is now on hold due to paypal suspecting the buyer to be fraudulent.

Collector car red vauxhall astra W818 WBM Stockton / Billingham Area

Reported to Police.
    Last edited by ian4455; 27 October 2011, 22:02.

Did you make sure buyer signed for the phone when they collected it too?
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

It was my partner, not me otherwise would have advised that funds cleared first.

They're on CCTV, only wish i could find out the address that the car's registered too.

Comment

Originally posted by ian4455 View Post
        It was my partner, not me otherwise would have advised that funds cleared first.

They're on CCTV, only wish i could find out the address that the car's registered too.
        Do you have any friends in the police? They'll get the address for you if not send me a pm

Comment

Mate I feel for you. Paypal crap in situations like this. PEACE TO SKUM!!!!!

Comment

I've heard of this happen before, they do it as there's no proof they have received the goods, paypal most likely end up giving the money back.
            1996 Audi S6 Avant.
            1994 80 TDI - Daily Driver

Comment

Ian I spoke to my mate in the force unfortunately you have to go through proper channels and report to the police and they'll deal with the issue?! Sorry i couldnt of been of any use mate

Comment

No probs, thanks anyway. Been told the same via CID also ! One interesting point is DVLA will disclose registered address via V888 form if you have a car parked on your land and wish to send them notice / fine. Costs £2.50.

I'll see what the Police say today as they coming to take a statement later this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                X