Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free valve, camshaftless engine technology!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes twinair is the 2 cylinder engine used on small chassis car of the Gruppo.

here some info also

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MultiAir
    Go Holset or Go RS4

Comment

yes they have, but as i said, its far from cost effective or quality available for 100,000 mile lifespan that gan be given such a warrantie

its an easy thing, hence why universities are having students design and build such items that work in running engines...........

good idea in theorie...... re-inventing the wheel
      1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
      1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
      BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

did you know , for many years VW has been altering throttle bodie positioning open percentages for a number of years?

i.e do you know what a DSG golf turbo sounds like?
        on gearchange there is a loud exhaust note, and sometimes flame?
        this is because of reduced drag, they eliminate it so the engine doesnt become forced to reduce speed by snapping the throttle shut.....
        the throttle upon gearchange is pinned wide open to 100% actauation for maximum air flow enabling the engine to spin freely and the revs drop off by way of spark timing and fuel trim off!

how clever is that, so simple but yet effective

rather than the engine pushing back on itself under deceleration its allowed to free wheel with full oxygen availability

why hasnt this been thaught of years ago i wonder.......... oh wait, its been about since 1980`s in motorsport lol

can you see a pattern here?

Sean.
        1993 URS4 Avant Emerald Green 350+bhp
        1991 Ford Sierra Sapphire 4x4 in Magenta
        BoooOOOSSSSSTTTT BANG BANG CHIRP CHIRP

Comment

Good read there my mate has a Dsg golf with TipTronic if that what is called in Vag land ? And I have taken notice of the sound you described and its lush
          1991 S2 3B Coupe, KW v1, solid sub frames, poly bushed, chipped, about 260 ish

Comment

nice video.

the CEO has a coloboma of his iris on his right eye(or in other words a piece of his bottom iris is missing genetically). Sorry, small observation other than the technology discussed!

Comment

Originally posted by dubmeister View Post
              Haven't they been using that tech in F1 for years? Sure the old F1 Renault turbo motors had hydro pneumatic valve actuation.
              I think the F1 Renault Turbo engines were the first to use pneumatic valve springs, which is probably what you are thinking of.

But a camshaftless 4 stroke engine is not a new idea. I remember reading about it some years ago.
              You would need some sort of safeguard if the actuators failed.

Speaking of exotic engines, does anyone else remember the Honda NR, with its oval pistons and 8 valves per cylinder? That would be a way around the large truck engine valve speed problem.
              SS

Comment

Working...
              X