The Car Name Game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Car Name Game...

Was having a conversation with my mates about our cars and their names last night and thought it might be fun to find out what other people have christened, or had christened to theirs...

My wife blessed both of mine with fairly hideous names: The Grey B3 1.8T is called "Bertha" and she calls the Red 1.9 TDI Estate "Rumpy"

I've heard of "Sooty" and "Ron Burgundy" on here, curious to see what other names are out there and how they came about?

Mine's called "Pelican" because of its color - Pelican Blue.

Comment

My t4 vw is jean Claude (that damned van)
      And my quattro is referred to as "the white thing" for obvious reasons

Comment

My S2 is called "Kev" after the lettering on the number plate and my damned T4 (Noticing a similarity from above) my gf has named "Edna" but I like to call it every name under the sun due to the hassles of it! Main one though is "the big blue pile O
        5h1t3 out there"

Comment

Sounds like T4's are a lot more hassle then these here Audi's... good to know!

Comment

Hahaha, yes mate. Im on my second and have vowed never to have another one! I would always have one of these S2's regardless as they are way much more fun and I have found more reliable too!

Comment

it seems to me that most people who have S2's rarely drive them because they are always being modded, overhauled, painted, tweaked, etc... and spend more time in the garage then they do on the road!

Comment

My is Ocean Magic II...

Ocean Magic I was a 2.5TDi quattro that I sold hence named as it had an Ocean Magic sticker in the back window and we live near the beach.

The name stuck with my son and now we have the second one which to his eyes is the same, he calls it Ocean Magic II!
                Audi S6

Comment

Mine is JAVAL because of the reg , although the kids call it my old s2's name PIXIE lol
                  NOT a car dealer! just an S2/RS2 enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by lee_whitehead View Post
                    it seems to me that most people who have S2's rarely drive them because they are always being modded, overhauled, painted, tweaked, etc... and spend more time in the garage then they do on the road!
                    Indeed. Mine is called 'the f*cking S2'

Comment

The duchess

Comment

Mine has been refered to as "Hiccup" due to HCP in the reg, which relates nicely to the number of badly running engines it has had.
                        And also "Phoenix" due to the number of times i has risen from a pile of disassembled parts.
                        Black B3 1990 CQ 2.3E converted to ABY & 6spd. (301bhp) - Now Sold
                        03 Dolphin B6 S4 Avant LPG - New Daily Wagon
                        01 Silver D2 A8 3.7 quattro sport - SOLD

"Difficult is worth doing"

Comment

"The Beast"

Comment

My daily (a Citroen ZX) is called Claude. Basically a blithering Frenchman that just about continues to soldier on.

The S2 is called Jeeves because it is almost the old British Racing Green colour and gives me exactly what I want all the time.

Comment

S2 is called Audrey - from the little shop of horrors aka "feed me" in terms of petrol and money
                              Mrs calls the RS4 Xena - As she has large curves and kicks ***

Comment

Working...
                              X