Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying Problem!!

Guys

Need some advice got a very annoying problem with my S2 so need some advice so I can let my garage know thanks!!?

Car has a problem sometimes its not all the time but when it happens it takes at least 8 attempts to start every time you try to start the car just cuts out straight away and theres a smell of petrol in the cabin.

Other times the car starts perfectly on its first turn of the key?

Any clues please?

I actually took the car to work on Monday and as I was leaving work it took 8 attempts to get going and then it drove fine give it a blast down the dual carriageway

Any help would be great thanks guys

Pull codes? Was thinking it could be a cam sensor but I have no experience with these going wrong so can't really tell
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

if the car does not start and you smell petrol then you have at that time either no ignition or your start enrichment is too high
      any fault codes?
      audi coupe quattro b2 2.2 20vt project (573hp-626nm)
      TWINCHARGED power,zero lag
      AEM W/M injection

Comment

Pull codes How old is the fuel pump?
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

All valid questions!! and I don't know? Basically am gona through some suggestions at my garage even thought they know my car inside out but keep them coming many thanks

Comment

the earth connector or a bad relay....try to change the ecu. and check out the earth connector for the ecu.. and you DO checked out the rubber piping for the crancase, and vakunn pipin...

Comment

Thanks mate that's brill

Comment

I just read an article on EGR systems causing symptoms like this. The fault codes can sometimes be misleading with these issues, meaning EGR issues if that is what you have. Something to do with the charcoal canister and EGR valve causing over-enrichment. Good luck!

Comment

Ok thanks mate S2 will be going into get sorted next 2 weeks hopefully

Comment

Check all the plugs to the sensors, MAF etc. Might be worth connecting and disconnecting them a few times and making sure they're not corroded.
                    Cheers'en, AndyC
                    1994 ABY Coupe - Projekt Alpinweiss

Comment

Cheers Andy I will have a long list of checks for my garage but hopefully they know what they're doing looked after mine for 14 years now!! Big year for the S2 subframes to get sorted and all new bushes etc then restoration to the paint work to get it back to being the best!! and alloys refurbished and next year Porsche brake upgrade still watering my money tree in the garden and still produced nowt!!!

Comment

Fuel pumps can be a pain. Works one minute and not the next. Once car is going it works. Suspect carbon brushes in pump that make or do not make contact. Once the punp is running its fine, but to get it to start running, takes a number of attempts.
                        Regards
                        Ryss
                        www.autostart.co.za

Comment

Originally posted by anthonys2 View Post
                          still watering my money tree in the garden and still produced nowt!!!
                          You'll need a forest in the rainy season, not a tree in the back garden.

Comment

Working...
                          X