Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone in contact with Hank Iroz?

Hi, guys,

really didn't think I will get there but......

So, long story short. I have the idea of building Audi Coupe Quattro with 07k engine. And almost an year ago I've ordered 07k oil sump, cam cover and oil adapter from Hank Iroz. As you can guess I still don't have the parts and they were payed almost an year ago. First he has some excuses about the delay and after that he stopped replaying to may email.

I found a phone number in this thread : http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/280981.phtml
    And again no success to get in contact with him.

Also started discussion with Alex (Error404) and gave him my conversation with Hnak Iroz and payment details but he couldn't help me also.

I really want to sort this out one way or another. Get the parts or get my money back or at least to know that I was screwed up with 1500 $.

Does someone else had problems with Hank Iroz here? Or does someone has a contact with him? Any info and help will be appreciated.

Cheers
    Alexander Ivanov

Originally posted by NoWay View Post
    Hi, guys,

really didn't think I will get there but......

So, long story short. I have the idea of building Audi Coupe Quattro with 07k engine. And almost an year ago I've ordered 07k oil sump, cam cover and oil adapter from Hank Iroz. As you can guess I still don't have the parts and they were payed almost an year ago. First he has some excuses about the delay and after that he stopped replaying to may email.

I found a phone number in this thread : http://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/280981.phtml
    And again no success to get in contact with him.

Also started discussion with Alex (Error404) and gave him my conversation with Hnak Iroz and payment details but he couldn't help me also.

I really want to sort this out one way or another. Get the parts or get my money back or at least to know that I was screwed up with 1500 $.

Does some one else had problems with Hank Iroz here? Or does some one has a contact with him? Any info and help will be appreciated.

Cheers
    Alexander Ivanov
    Never had any problems with Hank, very good person to deal with so I'm sure there must be some misunderstanding. I wish you luck
    1996 S2 ABY Silver

Comment

Hank is a solid guy, you aren't out your money. I know the 07k pans have gone through a few revisions and there were all sorts of setbacks. Send him another email, or send a message through Facebook.

Comment

As I said, I didn't think I will get there.....

My last 3-4 emails are without response. I've tried to call him. Do not have a Facebook account.

After an year all I have is silence. If he has some problems or delays, OK, but at least discuss it with the clients.

I think I was patient enough. Just want to sort this out.

Comment

i have sent him a text message.

Comment

Just this Monday I took delivery of my 2.5L stroker from Hank. My build was over a year past the initial deadline.

During the process I also had a tough time getting a hold of him at various times.

I also learned a few things.

Patience is key. Hank is incredibly busy. He will get back to you. And when you get your parts you'll be very satisfied. He does excellent work, but as he's told me before... he's a hell of an engineer and manufacturer, but has lots of room to grow into being a businessman.

Keep the faith.
            Find me on Instagram @pry4sno
            2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// #farmenwagen
            2002 Dodge Ram 2500 24v Cummins 4x4
            1992 80q 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
            1990 Cq /// Project: Because Racecar

Comment

My last response from him was on 20.11.14.

speeding-g60 : Really appreciated.

Comment

Too busy to supply the goods your customer pays for? In the UK we call this fraud.
                Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                Indigo ABY coupé
                Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

You are still within the window of delivery, expect between 1 week to about 2 years. I got my delivery after about 14 months.
                  In the end you will get your parts but you will live in uncertainty for a long time and your car-project will be on hold in the meantime.
                  Someone above here said it best, he is a great engineer but one of the worst in taking care of customers who have paid for parts.
                  I did what you just have done, started a thread, but on "the project pad"-forum where hank is a moderator. That didn't help much, I got a response that my case would be sorted soon but then I got "radio-silenced" for another 3 months before I got my parts.
                  Good luck, and hope that your car-interest dont die to much while you wait..

Comment

Thanks for the heads up to those that txted or messaged me. I don't mind threads like this, they keep our known issues in the air. We are a small business making very niche products. The quality is high, but the wait is sometimes painful, especially on swap items that are not simple.

The "excuses" were that we were having issues with the early pans dropping pressure high RPM sustained. Rather than ship a known issue product, we redesigned several times to make it perfect. We shipped out the first of the new batches this month, along with a couple of crate engines with the new pans. It is sorted. So yes, I am apologetic for the long delay and have learned my lesson of releasing information/product before all the beta testing is done.

If a refund is desired, email me. There are plenty of people behind you in line that would love to have a pan to make their 07k swap a reality. It isn't a problem whatsoever. Nobody has cut you in line or received their pans before you.

Cheers,
                    Hank

Hank
                    Last edited by URQguy; 13 May 2015, 22:31.
                    1981 URQuattro with the TIAL GT35r.
                    2007 Infinity g35

Comment

So how come you can't communicate this to your customers?
                      If I was getting this kind complaint off one of my customers I'd at least start with an apology....
                      Indigo ABY coupé
                      Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
                        So how come you can't communicate this to your customers?
                        If I was getting this kind complaint off one of my customers I'd at least start with an apology....
                        "I am apologetic for the long delay"

and he offered to refund if thats what is desired. Its about all you can do, he even mentioned that he sees the errors in his old ways...

Comment

I didn't apologize formally here, but I did in email.

95% of our orders ship same day, we get 150 plus emails a day, 30-40 facebook contacts a day, 10-15 web orders daily, people get my personal cell phone who knows how and message from different countries at 3 in the morning daily, etc. This is a case of a product that was released and added to the website prior to a couple of severe failures. There are atleast 12 people with cash in hand waiting for the word "go" to get a pan and adapter, but I'd rather sleep at night knowing our work won't cause thousands of dollars in damage. As I said, I am apologetic and can refund if desired. Not much more I can say. Hopefully the products in the end of the day are worth the wait.

2007 Infinity g35

Comment

The OP has been asking for a refund or his parts for months and only gets a response when this thread pops up.
                            Until a few hours ago, people who have paid $$$$ for parts and got nothing were still being ignored. It's funny I messaged you about this weeks ago Hank, and you ignored me too.
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Again Alex, I apologize, We are a 2.5 man team here, we try our best to run a business. I never once saw a request for a refund till I just went back and read the email chain and see 2 stacked emails with the first one requseting parts or money back. I apologize. I am guilty of speed reading through emails so I can get into the workshop to make parts. It is what it is. Yes, this is getting attention because a dozen or so customers with good experiences have been blowing up my phone, but it doesn't change anything. I wouldn't have shipped a sub par part regardless. The best I can do at this point is offer a refund or better communication on the final parts being shipped.

Cheers

Hank
                              Last edited by URQguy; 13 May 2015, 23:36. Reason: poor english
                              2007 Infinity g35

Comment

Working...
                              X