Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Badge stolen last night. CCTV. Would you let it go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90quattrocoupe View Post
    I just love that the people walking by didn't say anything to him, when they obviously saw what he was doing. They are as bad as he is.

Greg W.
    Think the people walking by were with him, hence one has a traffic cone pressed against his mouth !? Trouble is with these as nothing gets done and there's no consequence they think it's ok and keep doing stuff like this. Somewhere along the line scumbags need to know that there's a consequence for their actions .... Like a punch in the head. , ooh that hurt maybe won't do that again !, society is full of Shyte heads like these who think that they can do and take what they like ... boils my urine !

Comment

Originally posted by Gazmitchell View Post
      Think the people walking by were with him, hence one has a traffic cone pressed against his mouth !? Trouble is with these as nothing gets done and there's no consequence they think it's ok and keep doing stuff like this. Somewhere along the line scumbags need to know that there's a consequence for their actions .... Like a punch in the head. , ooh that hurt maybe won't do that again !, society is full of Shyte heads like these who think that they can do and take what they like ... boils my urine !
      Couldn't agree more
      sigpic
      Cab 2.3E
      90q
      URS6

Comment

Terrible, I wouldn't give up on it just as a matter of principle but there are some good suggestions on here. In the days when you used to get metal handles on car doors a guy where I used to live wired his up to a 12v battery in his shed. He swore it deterred people but howm many he may have zapped, I was never sure.

Comment

1. Take all badges off the car. You know what it is. Others don't need to.

2. Do not replace it with a new one or an old one as it could happen again.

3. Put up a small A5 sign(s) advising "CCTV recording in operation".

4. Report it to the Police to put the event on record. Give them the recording on a memory stick. Nothing will happen but I'd still do it.

5. Place an A3 "snapshot" in your window each time you park it for a few days /a month.

6. Review future recordings during the night to see what's goes on at night.

Well done for having CCTV in place. At least there is no paint damage. Would p*e me off rightly also.

My tuppence.

Comment

I like the idea of pinning a snapshot of the recording to where the badge was, saying "Return and no action will be taken" If he's a local kid and passes there often he's bound to look at his handywork.

Also I think recording it with the police is a good idea, just for the record. If he came back and did something more serious and leaves more clues as to who he is then you have some potential history.

You could also punch every kid you see on a bike in the face just to see if you get some satisfaction out of it.
            RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
            RS2 - LHD on the road again
            RS2 - reduced to component parts
            RS2 Saloon replica
            A4 1.8T
            BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UrS4boy View Post
              If you make a big deal out this and get the kid nicked, he or his little ratshit mates will come by in the middle of the night some night with hoodies or balacavas on and trash the sh*t out of your car in retaliation, costing you insurance deductables and future increased premiums.

So let it go.

Turning the car around and nosing it into the parking spot will just expose the rear badge which they will pry off with a screw driver, scratching your paint.

Buy a new front badge but don't put it on. They'll just steal it again.

Life.

This! +1

He probably cane your windows(if your lucky) if you left a note and a picture. Just to spite you. Don't underestimate the malicious nature of some kids today.

It's why I involuntarily debadged.

No one gives a damn about anyone else any more, as long as it's not happening to them it doesn't matter.
              Sad byproduct of selfish life these days.
              Volcano ABY coupe

Ant

Comment

Originally posted by QuattroFever View Post
                No one gives a damn about anyone else any more, as long as it's not happening to them it doesn't matter.
                Sad byproduct of selfish life these days.
                Absolutely spot on,it's very sad but true.
                96 URS6 plus speck saloon
                96 URS6 plus speck estate
                94 2.6 80 Avant
                99 2.8 final edition Cabriolet

Comment

Probably right. A bitter pill to swallow though. Just gives you that underlying urge to exact revenge...!!
                  RS2 - Project Mental Wheels
                  RS2 - LHD on the road again
                  RS2 - reduced to component parts
                  RS2 Saloon replica
                  A4 1.8T
                  BMW 320d Touring M Sport Business Edition auto
                  sigpic

Comment

Tough one, stick your tv outside near your car and play the recording on a loop.

They'd probably end up nicking your tv then though
                    1995 Audi S2 Avant

Comment

Working...
                    X