For our German/ European friends..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For our German/ European friends..

Can German registered cars be UNregistered and therefore have no license plate?
    A friend of mine is looking to import a car but there is a language barrier where the seller only speaks German and my friend only English.

He's asked to see registration documents but the seller says it's been unregistered??

Also what else is needed when importing a car from Europe? Any particular documents ?

Kind regards,
    Harry
    F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
    1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Yes it can have no licence plate but it allways has two registration documents.

Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil 1 and Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil 2

Teil 1 is former called Fahrzeugschein and is the document to carry while driving. It has also stamp and date for TÜV and present owner.

Teil 2 is former called Fahrzeugbrief and is the document of ownership- This document is normally stored at home.

If a car is regristrated, the new owner is written to the Teil 2 and you get a new Teil 1.
    If a car is deregistered Teil 1 will get a void stamp. And is handeled back. ALso you have to scratch the TÜV badge from the number plate but you keep the void Teil 1 and the voided number plate and of course the Teil 2.

If the seller has no Teil 2 document, the car is useless in germany until you you manage to get a new one (examine car is not stolen for example)

https://www.google.de/search?q=zulas...6oBJwQ_AUIBigB
    [__]=oooo=[__]

Comment

Thank you, I will pm you, top man!
      F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
      1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Comment

Working...
      X