Help fitting I/M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fitting I/M

This might seem a daft request but I am after some information regarding the fitment of a Wanger inlet manifold on my RS2 engine.

My engine builder has come to fit the I/M and has found it fouls the brackets in a couple of places and will not bolt down correctly .

Questions:

Does he need to trim the I/M or the bracket to make it fit?
    Is there a special fitment kit from Wagner?
    Does anyone have any pictures they can share with me of there Wagner I/M fitted and any info to help us get it fitted.
    Where does the dipstick screw to?

or does he just modify to suit?

I have posted some pictures of my engine

Thanks in advance

John
    Attached Files

You should have had a smaller PAS pump adjuster bracket with the Wagner kit that lowers the PAS pump, and requires a shorter belt.

I have a custom PAS pump adjustment so I didn't use mine, thus if you do need one I have one available

I modified the PAS pump bracket to create more clearance and enable the standard belt to be used.

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/showthr...t=tidy&page=70

Cheers
    Alex
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Dip Stick mounts to this bracket which comes with the intercooler kit i think?

Think this is Error404s photo

I dont have this pipe so I used a hose, I am going to fit dip stick to a modified rear facing radiator bracket but my engine mounts are solid so no problem with movement.

Engine and workshop looking good

Comment

Yup that pipe is for the ISV & dipstick mounts to it, I had to make a spacer to make it fit neatly, details in the thread I linked to above
        Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
        Indigo ABY coupé
        Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Thank's for the information Alex I will pass it on.

I will have a look in the boxes to see if I have missed anything

Engine is coming together slowly & starting to look good now waiting for paint shop to get a slot so I can get the car fully repainted, but nothing available until after christmas .

I'm sure it will be worth the wait though.

John

Comment

Working...
          X