Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Munich Legends check over an M3 - Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10tlnACEhqw

The purpose of posting this video is not to engage in slagging other brands or cars, but I felt it just encapsulates the things that can be wrong with any car that wasn't loved all over.

But for me it also demonstrates how good our body shells are when they are galvanised.

But also the need to check and deal with any issues under our cars before they become bigger issues. I'm thinking of fuel lines in particular. I've 'painted' old engine oil on mine even though they are currently fine.

Also why it is a good idea to deal with each issue as it comes up so as they don't start to pile up and overwhelm you. And the car is sold at a low price to an owner who can afford it but cannot afford to bring it back up to where it needs / should be.

This is all assuming the car is a keeper either as a weekend car or a daily driver for the current owner.

Not to start an argument, but were 3Bs galvanised ?

A not insignificant proportion of some cars on here sometimes seem very shiny and 'nice' on top but have a fair bit of corrosion underneath. This shouldn't be ignored if the car is to last and be 'pleasant' to work on.

Sorry for the pontifical nature of the thread, it is not intentional and is certainly not aimed at anybody or car in particular.

Just sayin...........Just chatting.

Thanks.
    Last edited by macspring; 12 November 2016, 12:03.

So, old M3's are rot boxes then ?. Makes my old 94 S2 look immaculate. A little surface corrosion underneath in places, but still no rot anywhere...

Comment

Unfortunately yes. There is a nice E46 M3 in work that has tin worm in numerous places. Shame really as i always liked the inline six M3's.
      91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
      93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
      94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Comment

I've watched this one before when I was considerring a change from the S2. It certainly put me off a change to an E36. I'm tempted by the E90 with it's V8 soundtrack though.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

In all fairness to the m3 it wasn't that bad. In my opinion anyone getting into a car of that nature and age should realise that there are many things that could go wrong and rust is just one of them.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

To be honest I've seen far worse S2s. You have to expect this when buying an old car IMHO, and obviously the costs go up if its a performance car
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Error404 View Post
              To be honest I've seen far worse S2s. You have to expect this when buying an old car IMHO, and obviously the costs go up if its a performance car
              Exactly

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X