Insurance time, what value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance time, what value?

Can some of you give me an idea what you have valued your cars at for your insurance?
    Im about to do mine for the first time on it's own policy, since I got it running I swapped it into my old A6 policy, valued at 10k.
    Not sure if it should be more now?

94 ABY Coupe.
    77k miles
    Not many mods, RS2 Front Grill, RS2 Downpipe, 18" compomotives.
    Just fitted Recaros, opening rear windows and black headlining.
    Paintwork isn't great, it was sat dormant for many years.

Mileage is mega low, so that will help. You can put down what you want for an agreed valuation, but you will need to get the insurance company to accept it based on condition, age and mods. 8-10K minimum unless the paintwork is really nasty.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Probably going to stick around 10k.
      Just wondered what everyone else has valued at.

Comment

I got mine on agreed valuation at £12500 and when it comes up for renewal in November I will be changing this to £15000. Mines a 95 N reg Black Coupe 192k and in excellent condition inside outside and underneath!!!

Comment

My interior won't be far off mint when I'm finished, just finishing off refitting everything after doing the heater matrix.
          Theres no rust, rear subframe has zero corrosion, just parts of the paintwork have swirl marks, and tiny scratches on the roof.

Comment

Then I would defo think yours is worth more than mine with the low mileage

Comment

Insurance time for me too soon, S2 with 72k and RS2 bits.......and CQ20v with 99k on clock. Likely going for classic multi-car policy again.
              Anyone have their Audis on a multi policy.

Comment

Just waiting to get a reply from Adrian Flux, Asking for £10,000 on a N reg coupe a few mods. Dont know if this is a bit low but it was £7500 last year

Comment

My 95 "M" reg S2 Coupe isn't on the road at the moment (got to many other cars) Its got a good spec, 113k FSH, RS2 interior, front bumper. Air-con (non sunroof) electric rear windows, cruise control, standard wheels (refurbished) , Mov-it brakes, factory tow-bar. Very good paintwork and fully refurbished suspension (or it will be once i get around to finishing it) extra things like black door triggers, extra reading lights, boost gauge etc.
                  I've never done agreed value but going by the prices other people are saying,when it does go back on the road i will be trying to get an agreed value of £15000 (which is still less than i paid for it in late 2000)

Comment

Originally posted by Roach View Post
                    Just waiting to get a reply from Adrian Flux, Asking for £10,000 on a N reg coupe a few mods. Dont know if this is a bit low but it was £7500 last year
                    Interesting, mine has an agreed value of £9000 this year with AF this year after renewing in Feb. If anyone has seen my car they will know it is absolutely mint despite a mileage of 184k! My thinking is, it really should be valued at £15k+. I am going to push harder next year for a value closer to my own perception, as in the event of a total loss I believe my car to be under valued significantly.
                    The Perfectionist
                    sigpic
                    Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

i did mine for 15k last year, probably going to keep it the same when it comes up next month what do you think?
                      ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                      THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Steve I've had the same with Adrian flux too. Ive ended up going with market valuation as I expect that it will be closer to the real value than the agreed value they will offer
                        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I found that Aplan did not quibble much on agreed value unlike FJ. Just wanted to see ads for similar vehicles around the same value
                          Cheers
                          Don
                          ---------------------
                          Everything in perfect working order

Comment

Working...
                          X