Looking to buy new(er) A6 Avant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy new(er) A6 Avant

My 3.0 Tdi quattro avant is shortly up for renewal, and if I can find one at the right price, I'll be after a BiTurbo Black Edition (2013/14)
    The current one now has covered 178k Miles, and is still a formidable piece of kit, with more toys than Hamleys, and is still genuinely reliable.
    I'm hoping that someone here has some knowledge of the BiTurbo engine, and 8 spd 'box- and my question is am I likely to get the same sort of reliability from the BiTurbo or am I better off sticking to the 'standard' 3.0 Black Ed.

Any opinions, lads??

Cheers,

Tony

BiTurbo gets very good reviews. Price will be a fair bit higher than the other 3.0 TDI options. I have a 2014 A6 Avant black edition 2.0TDi and it's a bit slow and has the multitronic box. Great cruiser, but the STronic box is better and the 3.0 has performance too.
    91 Modded 3B
    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I've just put a deposit on a 3.0Tdi black edition, 2014.
      seems like it's got the 7spd dct 'box.
      Anyone got any opinions of the 'box, mainly- can it easily handle a mild remap?

Comment

Ask Doug at MRC. They map them and he mentioned you can up the power easily on the 3.0TDI. You will lose any warranty on the car after a remap though.
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Hi Tony how's your new A6 going? I've still got mine and its approaching 185k and I still think it's an amazing car I feel quite privileged that it's my everyday car. How does your new one compare to the Le Mans you had?

Comment

Hi Anthony,
            Sorry it's taken so long to reply, but I've had a password issue which is now sorted (Thanks Greg!!)
            The new A6 is a cracking piece of kit. The 20" grey Rotors look fantastic, and the 7spd box is Soooo much better than the 6spd in the other car. As I was driving it home from Wigan, I reset the trip computer, and now, over 2 months later, my overall average is 39Mpg. Bear in mind that my trip to/from work is 5 miles, so she's only just coming up to temperature when i'm switching off.
            Undecided yet about a remap, 'cos she's pretty damned quick as she is!

Still miss the toys on the other one though, mainly the air suspension :-)

Comment

Glad you're sorted. Any pics of the new steed?
              Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

Yes, on my phone, and tomorrow I'll ask the computer geek in work how to download them on here

Comment

Photos for Tony
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 3 photos.
                  Greg

Comment

Cheers Greg,
                    I tried following your instructions, but I couldn't upload to the forum.

As Terry Wogan used to say - 'Is it Me??'

Comment

No probs. This new forum software isn’t as intuitive as it should be
                      Greg

Comment

Working...
                      X