Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Engine conversation 3b into something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine conversation 3b into something else?

I am considering my options....
    My coupe she'll is pretty rusty and was wandering if I could take the running gear and engine etc and put it in something different (Audi or other) with relative ease?

Either that or look for another coupe shell. Or get mine fixed.

Just thinking about things really, nothing serious yet.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

B2/3/4 80 or coupe. 100 Quattro. A4 Quattro-sleeper avant did that. Cabriolet. Volvo? Anything if you re clever enough!
    Have a look in Europe-I'd guess the Gatebil crowd have fitted i5t into other cars.

Comment

the "logical" choice would be in a B4 limo

Comment

I'd say better the devil you know tbh. Any other car from the same era could well be suffering from similar corrosion issues unless you buy a mint shell , and if you're going to pay a premium for a mint shell you may aswell restore the coupe shell to your own spec
        Gav
        S2 Cabriolet.........

Comment

i would restore the s2

Comment

Restore the poor old 3B
            Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
            Indigo ABY coupé
            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

That's probably what I will do eventually, it was just a though I was having over a few beers.
              Just hope I can find new storage for her as I may be getting kicked out of my current lockup. Not sure what will happen if I cant

Comment

With s2's getting increasingly thin on the ground it's probably a worthwhile investment to restore it
                It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Comment

I'd restore the car. It's great to have it all transplanted in to a different car but its a bit of this and a bit of that. Gav said it, better the devil you know. Flaming insurance would be a expense to. Just changing your wheels cost you more money. If the cars been a good motor then show it some love.. .

Comment

B4 Limo.

Comment

Hi,
                      If you needed any help with insurance for an engine conversion then please feel free to drop me a line.
                      Regards,
                      Dan.

Comment

Porsche 924.

Comment

B2 4000 makes a proper fun saloon car little more difficult than a b3/b4 swap but not much

Comment

I've collected a lot of hardware and dreaming of putting an Audi 2.2T engine into Opel Manta B some day.

Comment

IMO the differenced between doing it properly and doing it is quite a gulf. im not for dropping an aby in a car without the other bits that are supposed to be with it.

fitting the aby to b3 for example requires looms, steering column, rack gator from b3 to fit aby s2 rack. battery relocation, hubs, shocks or drilling to m14...... the list goes on. lots of things look the same but are not.

for example the gator on a b3 rack is about 3mm narrower and 5mm shorter. aby looks the same but will only fit the bulkhead hole 75%. no squeezing it in. things like abs switches, light warning systems, washer bottle sensors, fuel pump dash warning all need wiring out of fitting in.

i hqate bodywork but id see how bad it is first. building a frankencar is fun and id say the b3 saloon is far superior to a coupe. its lighter and more rigid but if you got a fully built s2 then maybe some welding and panels is a better option unless you want a change.

Comment

Working...
                              X