S2 Motronic ecu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 Motronic ecu

The S2 is now being stripped to the shell and rebuilt.
    Can anyone tell me what we can do with the ecu we have? Currently runs 360bhp
    I was told when we bought this car, one or more of the chips had been changed. If anyone could let me know, I would appreciate it.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Originally posted by Sub Bot View Post
    The S2 is now being stripped to the shell and rebuilt. Can anyone tell me what we can do with the ecu we have? Currently runs 360bhp
    I was told when we bought this car, one or more of the chips had been changed. If anyone could let me know, I would appreciate it.
    Sorry to break it to you but with a 250 kPa (2.5 bar) Bosch Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor in that ECU, there is NO WAY your S2 could have made 360 bhp. 260 sure (with a new chip set). 360 requires a 300 kPa (3.0 bar) MAP sensor, a bigger turbo (e.g. RS2 turbo), bigger injectors, an RS2 exhaust manifold *AND* a new chip set.

Aftermarket chip sets typically get labeled. All we can see is your chips are erasable but that means nothing. Somebody with access to VAGCOM might be able to see what "signature" or notes was left in the chips.

Example aftermarket chip set:

This gallery has 1 photos.
    RS2'd 93 UrS4 5 spd sedan
    94 UrS4 V8 6 spd manual avant

Comment

in theory yes but it could have been mapped with an external boost controller to make more boost just not very controllable from a fuel prospective over 250kpa.

done many times over with subarus back in the day. fuel cut defender and boost controller.

it does tend to be very rare with these cars though. does sound like pub figures. turbo size would be the indicator and injectors too. my aby on stock injectors made 321hp at 5k runaborted as AF was dropping off like a stone

Comment

OK, attached is the last power run, also attached are pics of the current turbo (Holset 9"?)and manifold (Custom?)
        Apart from pistons and rods, please let me know what else we will need to get more power?
        This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Working...
        X