Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snow fun

It was inevitable.

A decent bit of snow on the ground and a coupe quattro parked on the driveway. B-)

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Excellent! Was out in my S2 in the snow on Friday - no pics but good fun
    And tonight I was parked at Inverness rail station next to an UR (I was in the wife's- Hilux today) nice to see our classics out in the wintry weather conditions like they used to be!

Comment

Looks great fun! Nothing here I seem to have missed the snow near the Airport but had a bit last Thursday though!! Liking the Disco in the background as well I bet they are damn good in the snow?

Comment

While i was out and about enjoying myself, there were a few disco's pulling people up hills. Seemed to handle it all in their stride, I'd say it was in no small part down to the more agricultural tires fitted bit I saw one pulling a 6 berth camper van up a hill! Fair play.

The car park where that disco was parked was otherwise empty at the time so i gave it some beans, inspired by this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75gSZtewYE
        Last edited by steve briance; 10 December 2017, 21:42.

Comment

I couldn't resist and ended up going out 3 times today for no reason other to have fun. Got some snow tyres on last week which was good timing.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
            While i was out and about enjoying myself, there were a few disco's pulling people up hills. Seemed to handle it all in their stride, I'd say it was in no small part down to the more agricultural tires fitted bit I saw one pulling a 6 berth camper van up a hill! Fair play.

The car park where that disco was parked was otherwise empty at the time so i gave it some beans, inspired by this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b75gSZtewYE
            Fair play! Still no snow here but I always go out late at night and explore lol!! Enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by grim View Post
              I couldn't resist and ended up going out 3 times today for no reason other to have fun. Got some snow tyres on last week which was good timing.
              Looks a decent amount of snow have fun and enjoy S2s were born for this weather!!!

Comment

Woke up 20 miles from home yesterday so had a fun drive home! Two hours for a normal 20 minute drive. A couple of hills beat me 16% + but had a lot of fun trying. Gave a Porsche a push and saw lots of abandoned cars. Made me very glad to have quattro power! Have been out in it again today, the back roads are a lot of fun but the main routes have been gritted now.
                filedata/fetch?id=2008004&d=1512987770&type=thumb
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

No snow here....

Comment

plenty of snow here today. now waiting for all those idiots with fwd cars on summertyres to make it home, so I can enjoy the road.

Comment

Seen this?
                      https://youtu.be/S0ul5GUFeoo
                      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
                      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
                      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

I always took the defender out in the snow before but the s2 surprised me, with snow tyres and quattro it was even able to put down some power if you were feeling brave. My only problem is it's a bit too low for messing around, the undertray is on the garage floor at the moment and I didn't fancy looking for my oil cooler on foot.

It's meant to get to a chilly -8 tonight here so I get to find out what these tyres make of sheet ice in the morning. My entire estate is basically a small glacier.

Comment

Originally posted by Colesy View Post
                          Woke up 20 miles from home yesterday so had a fun drive home! Two hours for a normal 20 minute drive. A couple of hills beat me 16% + but had a lot of fun trying. Gave a Porsche a push and saw lots of abandoned cars. Made me very glad to have quattro power! Have been out in it again today, the back roads are a lot of fun but the main routes have been gritted now.
                          filedata/fetch?id=2008004&d=1512987770&type=thumb
                          Sunrising hill was closed when I came home from work earlier due to some guys engine catching fire. I had to go the backway and ended up being forced in to going down Tysoe hill ha ha. Twitchy is an understatement in my derv Leon ha ha. Made it though.

Comment

That RS4 is being driven by someone with some big plums! (and confidence that the road is going to be quiet)

forecast is -8 or so here tonight and the road out of my village was already ice when i got home after work...
                            Just out of curiosity, how do people find the S2 / Coupe quattro with diff lock engaged? I tend to find the back end is more willing to slide around or try to overtake the front end.

I've nothing to compare to so was wondering what other people find? Maybe total grip is less without it locked but i have to say, i find unlocked is more predictable, just keep going on the throttle and you will go forward.

Comment

I'm still waiting

Comment

Working...
                              X