unfortunate Christmas - Damaged rear quarter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John. View Post

Agreed, when my S2 got damaged I said I didn't need a courtesy car, my thinking behind this was (other than the fact I had other cars I could use instead) it would make the claim higher and higher claims means long-term everyone's insurance will go up.........I think if I'd taken a courtesy car the claim would be sorted very quickly........instead of 6 months.
    I second this. Someone crashed into me last year and the car was still drivable but looked a mess. I declined a hire car as I thought this would reflect favourably upon me during the eventual settlement (car was written off).

After 3 weeks of not being able to get hold of anyone or progress the claim, I said I needed a hire car as I didn't think mine was safe to drive. Had the hire car for less than a week before everything was signed sealed and delivered.

Comment

Apparently my car is complete write off as she's valued at £1750 and repairs are over £3000.

I can help and find proof that that valuation is complete ****** but it needs to be same car (S4 only, S6 won't count) and of similar mileage etc.

Any ideas chaps?
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

What are the offering to do, give you £1750 and you keep the car?

Comment

£1750 minus scrap value.
          '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

What do they want back fir scrap

Comment

He said £175. I've called them back and said I'd be happy with £2500-£3000 and I keep the car. Said they'll get in touch with engineer and see if he can up the price.
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

If you need a good body shop fella get in touch, some good lads near my work in Edgware as mentioned they have done loads for me over the years and whatever the quotes for insurance work are you can probably half that

Comment

Looks like 10% if they up it to £3000 they will want £300 for scrap more than likely

Comment

Working...
                  X