Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidle chargers in stock

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Non-Food-O...articleId=9575

Well worth the money in my opinion, or you could buy an "Optimate" for 4 x the price which uses exactly the same technology.

Comment

Was gonna buy Ctec until I found out about these been waiting ages for them to come back in stock, bargain

Comment

Anyone know if these can charge through the lighter socket like the cTec can if the plug is adapted?

Comment

You don't get an adapter for the lighter socket with it.
          91 Modded 3B
          14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

You could easily adapt the wiring or make an extension to the wiring......but remember it'll only charge the battery if the lighter socket is live with the ignition off.

Comment

On the downside I did read on another forum that there's a resistor or such like that can fail on the Lidl ones.......I think it's if you're using it a lot to charge batteries that are discharged as opposed to keeping a healthy battery topped up?
              I have used mine for both with no issues. But hey for what it cost I've had my moneys worth already.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                You don't get an adapter for the lighter socket with it.
                Was thinking of popping into Maplins and getting a socket to fit to it

Comment

I just picked up one as a spare and bought the battery/alternator tester for £3 too.
                  91 Modded 3B
                  14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Originally posted by SteveH View Post
                    I just picked up one as a spare and bought the battery/alternator tester for £3 too.
                    I have my doubts if that will be as good as the charger!!

Comment

All I did with mine was get some tamiya rc car battery connectors. Attached ring connectors to the battery terminals. Attach the other connector and splice into charger. Both male.and female connector are isolated only for one way and removes the risk of accidental shorts. Just remeber to disconnect before you drive off.

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I like that, means you can have it hard wired to the battery terminals and just plug it in by the scuttle panel or wherever .

Comment

The other option is crocodile clips. But not as neat

Comment

Working...
                            X