Tensioner pulley query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tensioner pulley query

Last year I had engine and gearbox and suspension overhaul and rs2ed it with new cam belt etc but it's only been started and run a handful of times as I've had ecu issues , but on start up today it's rubbing on cam cover or so I thought this morning, so investigated further to find the belt is rubbing on back cam cover which has the clips attached . Furthermore noticed belt is running just overhanging cam sprocket teeth and not sitting centrally, and the new tensioner pully - FAG- has play in it and has a slightly wobble on the bearing race.... It's not done any miles and only been up and down the drIve .. Not so good, and will only get worse im sure. Is there any other decent pulley manufacturers ? Thought FAG were OK ?

ABY? Did you remember to use the diamond coated washer on the crank nose?

FAG are excellent quality, if it’s genuine.
    Maybe it’s not installed correctly?
    Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
    Indigo ABY coupé
    Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Aby yes .. Yup washer went back on as was. Tensioner correctly torqued up but it's has play on the race itself. Not loads of play but there's lateral movement in it. I've sat and watched in in tick over and it's not all over the place- you can't see any movement , but wether this is the cause of edging the cambelt to the back of the cam sprocket on way past then over the cam sprocket down and close to the rear cover as it goes past causing the rubbing on cambelt edge.

deffo wasn't any movement in the pulley when I fitted it I'm sure, felt nice n tight.

Comment

I had this problem on my s2 coupe maybe it wasn’t done correct?like you I could hear it rubbing also this was pot luck as the vac hose had a hole in it at bottom of the inlet manifold as my revs was slightly higher than normal that’s when I heard a rubbing noise from the plastic cover so I replaced the front cover and clips did belt change it stopped rubbing

Comment

I also had a few belt issues. one Continental belt I fitted was not quite straight - was manufactured a little crooked, hence the edge of the belt moved back and forth as it went round... worth trying a new belt as they aren't that expensive....?
          Last edited by LHD_Kid; 24 February 2018, 21:47. Reason: typo
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Working...
          X