The Grand Tour versus Top Gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grand Tour versus Top Gear

I have watched both series of The Grand Tour and thought the 1st one was excellent with them finding their feet and adjusting to their new set etc etc. The 2nd series I thought was just simply fantastic and very entertaining so I was absolutely hooked. Always been a big fan of the Clarkson Hammond and May and I think TGT has bought out the best of them, My favourite was them skiing in the Jaaags!!!! Now I have watched the 1st three episodes of Top Gear and I have to say its been very very good best so far since the 3 previous guys left. What do other people think so far of TG and opinions on the first 2 series of The Grand Tour?

Last i'd read TGT Clarkson,May and short stop have not been signed up for the next series and clarkson is now hosting who wants to be a millionaire instead?

Comment

It was The Daily Mail (says it all really) that suggested TGT won't be renewed for 4th season, but at the same time leaked Amazon docs showed that TGT is doing incredibly well and have attractated loads of new prime members.

I think TG is brilliant, this season so far has been great apart from few bits (reversing race which was crap), and I'm personally still trying to like Rory, but hell Harris makes up for that
      '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
      '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
      '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

The not doing the next series of TGT sounds like marketing to make us talk about it more. I’ve found tgt ok but actually prefer top gear at the min and enjoy the new personalities. I didn’t realise Matt Leblanc was so good on 2 wheels either. Overall I like both but I think top gear has the edge, even with the much lower budget
        Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

GT will get there, they need to reconnect a little with the audience, hard when you are global celebs now.

Latest series of TG has just got better and better, really enjoying it.

Aside from the backward driving.....(!)

Comment

TG has a better spread in personalities and has more for the petrolhead, GT is just the 3 entertainers with their screen personalities carved in stone.

Comment

I think TG has vastly improved but it had to from the ridiculous Chris Evans taking over initially which was a huge no no lol!! Matt Le Blanc or I still call him Joey!! Is excellent and a great host with a very good sense of humour. The BBC have a good show again which is great for all us petrol heads!!! The GT so far has been excellent and hopefully a 3rd series will come

Comment

I was very sceptical about the Grand Tour but I had a binge watch recently to catch up and surprisingly enjoyed it very much - I hope there's more in the pipeline.
                The new Top Gear is watchable too, it wouldn't survive without Matt Leblanc - whilst defo not a Friends fan, I like his wit and driving abilities!

Comment

not seen anything of TGT apart from the very first episode...

Am enjoying TG again though, still think some parts are a little awkward - also still trying to like Rory.

one of the funniest things ever was Chris Harris in a church bonnet...
                  Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
                  S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
                  '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Having watched both, I'd say TG has the edge now as there's good chemistry between Harris a Leblanc. TGT is just about the personalities and less about the cars.
                    91 Modded 3B
                    14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Like them both but somebody needs to buy Rory a clean pair of jeans did he have paint on the ones in episode 2?
                      ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
                      THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X