Cheap Behr Heater Matrix at Carparts4less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Behr Heater Matrix at Carparts4less

One of my heater matrixs is leaking so I picked up a couple the other day from Carparts4less, they are currently reduced to £20.76 and there is a 15% off voucher valid today for another 15% off.

So £17.36 delivered. Which looks to be a great price. I received HELLA - Ref: 8FH 351 045-101 yesterday.

Also cashback available from topcashback etc for a bit more off. Takes the edge of doing this horrendous job!

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/search/214440090

That’s a brilliant price, I think I ended up paying nearer 60 for a valeo one when I did mine
    Greg

S2Forum.com Administrator & Webmaster

'93 Coupe with a few tweeks

Comment

I found one made in germany(can´t remember the brand) for 2£ due to a mistake on the site, snatched right up...................hell of a job though!

Comment

Yup, mine was £60 a year or two ago. (Valeo)

Comment

I think that's a Hella Behr Service quality matrix. Meaning it's a lower quality £20 part, not the good old high quality original Behr part. The genuine Behr still costs atleast £60.

Comment

There are only two listed in the Behr catalogue, one for LHD and one for right, is there any difference? The LHD one is listed as Premium Line and is available on ebay for £36:
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8FH-351-3...cAAOSwvflZSktP
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

It looks like Hella has changed their parts system again. Now everything seems to be called Hella SERVICE parts. It's not long since they had Premium range or something like that and lower quality Service part ranges. Now it's premium service parts, go figure. Produced by Hella, not made by Hella anymore.

Comment

Everyone likes a bargain, and people can be happy to take a chance and see how they get on, but I'd just say that anyone who needs to buy a new heater matrix for an S car should ask anyone who done a matrix replacement would they chance putting in an inferior quality matrix as it was cheap to buy. Their reply will be don't do it.

You only want to do this job once / pay to have it done once, use oem /oem quality irrespective of price and have it last another twenty years.

I've done at least three B4 and have a C4 one to do. I am back using my S2 Avant which had been parked up for circa 4 years, and I remember the lack of heating and the smell of coolant, the matrix was done shortly before the car was parked up, and now there is no smell of coolant and the heater is brilliant. It can not be left on full heat and the fan on full for too long when the car is warmed up as it gets too hot inside the car to be comfortable.

Posted my experience just to share / inspire people to fix their matrix using an oem matrix.

HTH.

Kind regards.

Comment

About a 5 hour job

Comment

Working...
                  X