Write off valuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Write off valuation

How do you go about arguing the value of your car if the insurers valuation is an insult

You need to get a claim management company on YOUR side. DO NOT try to negotiate by yourself, you will get shafted by the insurance company even your own.
    Show them the adverts on eBay and on Car and Classic and Pistonheads. If it's your S2 don't let them write it off ask for money in lieu of repairs and keep your car. Don't let them take it unless you want gone.
    1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
    2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
    2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Here's one to show them
      https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C993453
      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

No one will ever remove my car before they got beheaded on my drive, cheers for the advice

Comment

are you arguing value for insurance, or have you had a big prang?
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Shows the way I think! I assumed you'd had a prang but I see the other angle now.
            1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
            2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
            2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

I'm going through this currently with my S4, but claims management company is far from being on my side. They offered me £1750 - scrap value and I told them to shove it up their arses.

In my case they wanted an eBay/autotrader adverts with pretty mcuh identical car. S6 didn't do the trick, and even after providing a signed letter by both buyer/seller stating sale price they didn't give any fooks. Honeslty, unless you get some badass claims company they couldn't care less, all they want is settle and move on.
              '93 Audi 100 Avant - R.I.P
              '92 Audi UrS4 Avant - SOLD
              '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Go through the same issues fairly frequent due to my job and i just refuse offer if not suitable ,inform them you ll get 2 quotes yourself as your legally allowed to pick your own repairer and you can use used parts if you want .

You need to be patient as well took a year for my A3 , check your policy for legal aid and courtesy car coverage as the persons insurance company got charged £100 a day which sped the process up .

Try and and get an agreed valuation when you take out policy it's not much more .

I had to supply 3 vehicle adverts same spec mileage etc but got there eventually .

few weeks ago had the same thing with my brothers van started at £1600 but after I put the van in our storage yard at £25 plus vat a day and hire van they eventually got to £3800.

Argue the fact has to be like for like or sometimes you can buy back the car but refuse the fact it goes on the register which is also an option.

Comment

Originally posted by LHD_Kid View Post
                  are you arguing value for insurance, or have you had a big prang?
                  Car not crashed but paintwork been damaged quite severely so needs a respray they said they would write it off and give me £1610 after it is collected by Copart

Comment

Originally posted by Rikki Kitto View Post

Car not crashed but paintwork been damaged quite severely so needs a respray they said they would write it off and give me £1610 after it is collected by Copart
                    I spoke to Financial Ombudsment service and they told me that rarity of the car should be considered when giving an estimate, regardless of what "glass" valuation guide provides.
                    '93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

Don’t bother with the ombudsman. I ended up accusing them of taking money from the insurance companies to come up such corrupt rulings.
                      Total waste of time.
                      Sort it out as much as you can with the company. I have mine all on an insured value and it states no outside valuations.
                      Rob..
                      94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                      87 UR 20v ABY
                      97 S6 Avant
                      96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                      1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Well lads think you lot jinxed me as my neighbour today crashed into my s2 so be popping to the body shop for quotes tomorrow and informing my insurance company .

Comment

Originally posted by GT500 View Post
                          Don’t bother with the ombudsman. I ended up accusing them of taking money from the insurance companies to come up such corrupt rulings.
                          Total waste of time.
                          Sort it out as much as you can with the company. I have mine all on an insured value and it states no outside valuations.
                          In my case they helped me out as I was ready to settle for £1750 minus scrap.

'93 Audi UrS4 Avant LPG

Comment

I must have blazzed the trail! My company started at £400. Value. In the end they paid me £2500 and keep it for a one owner mint S6 avant that had lived in Alicante from three years old.
                            Minimum 7-8 k car all day long.
                            Rob..
                            94 RS2 Noggy,LHD,MTM map,18"cup 1s,245/35/18,Bilsteins,RS2 H&Rs,Cup splitter.
                            87 UR 20v ABY
                            97 S6 Avant
                            96 A6 C4 2.5 TDI quattro avant,Ming,Wietec/eibach,chipped
                            1967 Ford Mustang,Eleanor,460ci v8

Comment

Working...
                            X