Sold a car on ebay...no contact from buyer,advice please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold a car on ebay...no contact from buyer,advice please

I'm after a bit of advice here as i'm not sure on the best course of action.
    Basically i had my 350z on ebay,had a bidder meet my reserve and the car sold.
    2 days go by after the auction ended without contact from the buyer so i send them a polite message to get in touch so we can arrange collection of the car,another day goes by and i finally get a reply saying "sorry for the delay,i've had to go away with work at short notice,can you hang on for a week?".
    I reply saying basically,yes,if needs must but i could do with an idea of when exactly they would be looking at picking the car up,since then i've heard nothing.
    I get the feeling i'm being messed about here,now the question is,what's the best course of action?
    Do i cancel the order or start an unpaid item dispute?
    My concern is i don't want to get shafted for fees on a car i've not actually sold.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated....i now remember why i don't sell on ebay anymore!
    cheers,Adam
    It's a love/hate relationship with the S2,i love it,it hates me

Happens all too often. Unfortunately you can kiss your listing fee goodbye. As for final value fee, if you can get the buyer to agree to cancel the transaction then that is the quickest route (that is a process that you can instigate yourself), then you will get immediately credited back FVF. Unfortunately it sounds like buyer might be too much of a muppet even for that, so you would have to go down the unpaid item dispute in order to get the final value fee.

Yes its a complete headache. Been there myself. The pleasures of selling on ebay. You get a large audience and usually it goes ok. All too often though you get this. It's even worse depending on the type of car you are selling.

Comment

Food for thought,unpaid item dispute could be the way to go.
      It's one of those where they could be genuine but i know that if i bought a car (something where theres a few grand concerned) i'd be on the phone straight away if i actually wanted it regardless of if i was away.
      I can swallow the listing fee,it's the final value fee,the car sold for £2900 but as i understand it the final fee is capped at £250.
      What boils my pi55 most is the fact i'm an honest guy and would'nt dream of messing someone about like that

Thanks for the tips though

Comment

Originally posted by add View Post
        I can swallow the listing fee,it's the final value fee,the car sold for £2900 but as i understand it the final fee is capped at £250.
        Final value fees 1% of the final transaction (min. £20, max. £35).
        1989 Audi 80 Quattro
        1994 Audi 80 Quattro Competition

Comment

Ah,it's not too bad then,god knows what i was thinking
          Shows what i know about ebay....think i'll stick to buying after i've got to the bottom of this issue

Comment

Just cancel the order and re-list it
            Urs6 avant nogaro
            s2 avant

Comment

Don't you have to wait ten days till the fellas at ebay say you can relist it.

Comment

Yes you have to wait before you can open a case.
                i have to do them sometimes, normally for collect only stuff like air bag steering wheels and big stuff like bonnets.usually bid on by people abroad who are expecting free shipping after they've won and adopter says collect.
                its a paint to wait but you will get fees back Ad so worth doing.
                Just a shame that other buyers will then see it resisted and think something is wrong with the car as the sale didn't go through.

Comment

Thanks all for the input
                  They may seem like obvious questions but i primarily buy from ebay not sell (now i remember why!)
                  Sent the so-called buyer a payment reminder yesterday with a polite message to either arrange payment/collection or cancel the order....nothing.
                  They can go bolllox either way,just going to cancel the order,may relist as a classified ad,unless someone here fancies a 350z

Comment

Working...
                  X