New toy.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy.

I've always liked the loons and saw this. OK it's not quattro but it is at least a 16v.
    low mileage clean example on H&R springs.
    I've changed the cover seal as it was weeping and a new oil cooler as it was corroded.
    ive been mopping too to bring out the shine.

Comment

Comment

That's a nice car (originally a guy from CA had it me thinks).

My first coupe was a 16v, went well when thrashed...….but used fuel to do so!

Comment

Yeah it belonged to Carl from classic Audi.
          no offence but its not quite my standard but not far off. I've got a few things to address. I know what you mean about the 16v its a bit hollow below 3k but lively further up the rev range. Still love driving it about though..

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
            Yeah it belonged to Carl from classic Audi.
            no offence but its not quite my standard but not far off. I've got a few things to address. I know what you mean about the 16v its a bit hollow below 3k but lively further up the rev range. Still love driving it about though..
            Yes, I didn't want to name him but yes. A stunning car when I saw it. A great everyday car I would think...…..or pamper it for the weekend?!

Comment

Just got some new leads made up by Anthony at retro leads.com. I've cleaned the isv and set the idle back to factory and she's purring...

Comment

Love the colour

Comment

I'll get it ship shape and look to sell it on I think.
                  although enjoying driving it at the mo.

Comment

I have to say after cleaning isv putting throttle body back to factory settings and new leads she starts idles and revs so much better.

Comment

Oh and sorted the rocker cover leak it doesn't smell of burning oil in traffic. I'll get it coated in dinitrol underneath too

Comment

Oh and sorted the rocker cover leak it doesn't smell of burning oil in traffic. I'll get it coated in dinitrol underneath too
                        I replaced the cam cover gasket on my Coupe 16v with an aftermarket one...….could I get it to seal right
                        ………. as you'll know it's not a 5 minute job. Glad yours is sorted.

Any more pictures?

Comment

The key with can cover gasket it use rtv silicone too.. Especially on half moon shape seals.
                          ill get some more pics when the monsoons stop..

Comment

use rtv silicone too.. Especially on half moon shape seals.
                            Yup, did that.

Comment

Ah... Cheap seal maybe.

Comment

Working...
                              X