New Audi A6 and what a car!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Audi A6 and what a car!!!!

Was my birthday last week and decided on a little treat!! Been keeping an eye on one for a little while and the perfect car came up so I bought myself a stunning Audi A6 3L diesel biturbo 313bhp!! In fairness I have been after an RS6 for a while and couldn't justify the huge running costs and this for me is the best of both worlds, decent fuel economy and comfort with loads of gadgets and toys everything is electric just a fab car with so much power at your disposal if required!! and it replaced an amazing A6 3L tdi le mans saloon which I had for 4 and half years
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Very nice. I had two A6 in a row 2010 to last year. Real mile munchers!
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thank you this is my second one in a row loved my Le Mans it was a special car and it’s been replaced with something a lot more modern and it’s gorgeous I feel very happy!!

Comment

I had a C7 A6 Avant. Great build quality and pretty good on fuel. Shame is was the 2.0TDI and not the BiTurbo!
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

Cracking car mate, been thinking about one myself so interested to see what you think off it after a few months of ownership. I'll be looking forward to a longer term review.

Comment

Best cars are the pre ad blue. My 2014 2.0 Tdi was in and out of the dealer several times, all with ad blue sensor problems.
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks Chaps. There are a lot of people who think modern Audis aren't as good as the old stuff and I see where they are coming from in a way but newer Audis are very good in my opinion considering their opposition in terms of BMW and Merc. Gmac I will let you know but 1st 3 days it has proper wowed me!! I waited for one with all the extras (mines an ex audi demo model one owner) so its got everything and everything is electric. Am doing a 300 mile trip tomorrow and I wont be hoofing it so it will be give me a good idea on fuel consumption!

Comment

We recently bought this for the Missus mainly...

Like you, it made us wonder why we struggle on with the older stuff, dare I say it, especially the S2 as a daily.
                85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

300 mile round trip today effortless and averaged 45 mpg according to the trip computer but I think it’s closer to 50 mpg previous A6 would have used most of the £50 of diesel I put in this new one still has a 100 mile left plus. Only downside and defo not the cars fault a bloody big stone from a car travelling the other way hit the bonnet marked n chipped in 4 places and put a bloody big crack in the windscreen am fuming!!!

Comment

Thought I’d share a quick review been on holiday last 2 weeks and took the new A6 on holiday went to Scotland, Lakes and Wales and had a great time. The latter part I filled the A6 up with diesel at Carlisle went to Wales and around and back home then after getting back went to my parents which is a 40 mile round journey then went to work on Monday then had to put some fuel in 560 miles out of a tank!!! Averaged around 45mpg not bad at all for 3L twin turbo 316bhp car!!! Car is very comfortable on motorways as you expect and on smaller roads ain’t to bad even on 20” alloys. I did a little test from a standing start up to a certain speed (not mentioning) then back to zero and it astounded me the g force I felt brakes are massive and uprated and just fit within the 20” alloys!! I love this car and in terms of comfort and class it feels better than the RR Sport I use to have.

Comment

How long until you start looking for a cheeky remap? I've got a DTUK box on my 4.2 Tdi Q7 and it's actually pretty good. You can alter the power/torque increase and also where in the rev range it comes in depending on your driving style. Good thing about it is you can take it with you to another car, just sent it back to DTUK who change cables and software for you next vehicle. Cost me £180 I think to get it transferred to the Q7.

Comment

Ha ha!! No remaps planned at all this car is fast enough for me and has the economy that I like! For me it is perfect the way it is and I’ve never had any of my cars mapped in the past

Comment

I can’t believe it but I’ve had my car for just over a year now done around 18k miles and it’s just bloody amazing best car I’ve ever bought. Anyone considering one of these bad boys defo worth it. All I’ve done is 4 new tyres after 3 months as I wanted a better brand on and a service and on Friday this week going for its MOT. One very happy owner lol.

Comment

I have the avant version it is a nice cruiser, but you need to keep an eye on maintenance and the weakness which is the timing chains tensioner they tend to go wrong over 100k. The change on oil intervals from new are just silly

Comment

Originally posted by Costash View Post
                              I have the avant version it is a nice cruiser, but you need to keep an eye on maintenance and the weakness which is the timing chains tensioner they tend to go wrong over 100k. The change on oil intervals from new are just silly
                              Cheers mate. Am always a bit OTT when it comes to maintenance on the fleet but thanks for the heads up on the chains I’ll get them sorted on next service. How’s yours on fuel mine on a long run easily achieves 45 mpg

Comment

Working...
                              X