No announcement yet.

Whats is worth: RHD Coupe Carbon Trim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats is worth: RHD Coupe Carbon Trim?

What is a realistic prince for a set of these, searching the forum i cant see any having changed hands in almost a decade, but seemed to be £200-250 range.

Thoughts?
    91CQ20v - Gone to a new home
    93UR-S4 - The Magic Carpet
    94S2Bus - The Emerald Express

Probably more than that these days...

eBay would let it find its own level...
    Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
    S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
    '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

Any pictures?
      1996 S2 ABY Coupe silver
      2003 S3 8L dolphin grey
      2014 RS4 B8 prism silver

Comment

Oh O more nice things to hide from the missis

Comment

Realistically closer to £400 I would think I paid if I remember correctly around £320 ish about 5 years ago

Comment

I'd be interested in it when you establish a price - I bought an S2 last week and, while driving it home, my best friend fell in love with it and is now looking at one this weekend. He was most upset that the one he's looking at doesn't have carbon trim though!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charleston View Post
              I'd be interested in it when you establish a price - I bought an S2 last week and, while driving it home, my best friend fell in love with it and is now looking at one this weekend. He was most upset that the one he's looking at doesn't have carbon trim though!!

I take it you are Charlie on Facebook? You got a good buy there.
              I've seen Cabbies with carbon trim being broken or sold for spares. I think they are a straight fit over to the coupe and worth watching for. What car is your friend watching?
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I think there are two options - Firstly a good carbon wrap is worth looking into. They are simple shapes so you could probably do it at home. Plus there are plenty of options for colours, weaves texture etc.

Secondly, leave it. I have wood in mine and have left it in even though when I bought the car I was set on changing to carbon and now have no intention of swapping it. Wood trim is very period to the age of the car and the Walnut Trim (I think it was Walnut) was a cost option so don't be too hasty to pull it out.

Comment

IMHO.... Carbon wrap, or standard carbon aftermarket look nowhere near as good as the blue weave OEM stuff.... It's the blue that makes them look really special, elevating them from ordinary... (as well as the super high, deep gloss)

Comment

Originally posted by montyrs2 View Post
                    I think there are two options - Firstly a good carbon wrap is worth looking into. They are simple shapes so you could probably do it at home. Plus there are plenty of options for colours, weaves texture etc.

Secondly, leave it. I have wood in mine and have left it in even though when I bought the car I was set on changing to carbon and now have no intention of swapping it. Wood trim is very period to the age of the car and the Walnut Trim (I think it was Walnut) was a cost option so don't be too hasty to pull it out.
                    Carbon is very nice but I really like the dark wood I have on my Avant and it cost me peanuts
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

I take it you are Charlie on Facebook? You got a good buy there.
                      I've seen Cabbies with carbon trim being broken or sold for spares. I think they are a straight fit over to the coupe and worth watching for. What car is your friend watching?
                      I am! Thanks - I was very fortunate to get a car in such good condition for the price I did. He's seen a red early S2 near Birmingham which looks rough but he's after a project so not overly phased! We've both done bare shell restorations before so as long as the engine and shell is solid there's not much that would scare him off!

Thanks for the tip - I'll keep an eye out

Comment

Originally posted by Charleston View Post

I am! Thanks - I was very fortunate to get a car in such good condition for the price I did. He's seen a red early S2 near Birmingham which looks rough but he's after a project so not overly phased! We've both done bare shell restorations before so as long as the engine and shell is solid there's not much that would scare him off!

Thanks for the tip - I'll keep an eye out
                        Cool. You need to do your own post in introductions with lots of pics so we can all drool over your new purchase. I've seen that red one and I was tempted too but I've got plenty to get on with as it is.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Love my walnut veneer and have thought about changing it loads of times over the years but glad I haven't, mines here to stay

Comment

I reckon OEM carbon looks best, followed closely by the walnut....
                            But...
                            Zebrano stinks with a passion and I'm not too keen on the 3B punched vinyl...

Comment

I have a spare OEM carbon dash piece, non airbag, RHD car if anyone needs it...

Comment

Working...
                              X