Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spareto - anyone orderd from them recently? All good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spareto - anyone orderd from them recently? All good?

Just about to order a slug of parts for my s2 and wondered if anyone has ordered from spareto recently? I haven't and just wanted to check no forum horrors
    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

I got something recently
    Came without problems

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

cheers
      sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

They actually delivered?? I've tried ordering several times and have never yet found them able to supply. Order placed and refunded a short while later!

Comment

Oh, that sounds like autodoc fun and games
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

That's ironic, I've never had any problems with autodoc. They even phoned me once to check that I was sure I wanted what I had ordered! That part turned up no problem as well.

I'm always drawn to spareto as they offer tip top parts, I guess there is only one way to find out...

Comment

Another drop-shipping outfit that doesn't stock anything
              Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
              Indigo ABY coupé
              Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                That's ironic, I've never had any problems with autodoc. They even phoned me once to check that I was sure I wanted what I had ordered! That part turned up no problem as well.

I'm always drawn to spareto as they offer tip top parts, I guess there is only one way to find out...
                Here is my list from memory
                They sent a lhd heater matrix and wouldn't pay return postage.
                They sent the wrong slave cylinder and I had to pay return postage.
                They sent a Skf wheelbearing and the pack had been opened and the bearing wasn't marked skf!
                They sent the incorrect CV boots and wouldn't pay return postage.
                They sent topran when I ordered Meyle
                They said they had Koni shocks in stock and took my money. They then said I could have Stark instead as the Koni were out of stock. Took 10 days to return my money.
                Spent hours arguing with them on line about returns and they are always very reluctant to pay for any return postage. Hence I have boxes full of the wrong parts gathering dust in the garage!
                Auto doc app deleted. Won't use them EVER again.
                Anyone want a lhd matrix?
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Dave, that truly is a horrific list of mess ups but there is one way of rectifying it... Buy a left hand drive car to fit your heater matrix and cv boots to you will need something to do after you've finished your ur ​​​​​

Comment

yep, see, thats the sort of ***** I want to avoid, what a nightmare. I think my well documented issues with Autodoc are on here for posterity too...
                    sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
                      Dave, that truly is a horrific list of mess ups but there is one way of rectifying it... Buy a left hand drive car to fit your heater matrix and cv boots to you will need something to do after you've finished your ur ​​​​​
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Just ordered Koni shocks for the Ur from Winpart in Netherlands. If they arrive they will be £20 per shock cheaper than any UK seller. Keep you posted.
                        Nothelle S2 Avant
                        Black Ur project
                        Ocianic Ur project gone
                        S2 Coupe project gone
                        Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I got a temp sensor. Maybe it was the only thing stocked!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post

Here is my list from memory
                            They sent a lhd heater matrix and wouldn't pay return postage.
                            They sent the wrong slave cylinder and I had to pay return postage.
                            They sent a Skf wheelbearing and the pack had been opened and the bearing wasn't marked skf!
                            They sent the incorrect CV boots and wouldn't pay return postage.
                            They sent topran when I ordered Meyle
                            They said they had Koni shocks in stock and took my money. They then said I could have Stark instead as the Koni were out of stock. Took 10 days to return my money.
                            Spent hours arguing with them on line about returns and they are always very reluctant to pay for any return postage. Hence I have boxes full of the wrong parts gathering dust in the garage!
                            Auto doc app deleted. Won't use them EVER again.
                            Anyone want a lhd matrix?

Sounds about right. They are the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
                            I will also add that I had a counterfeit Reniz headgasket and counterfeit FAG wheel bearings from them. BEWARE

Panthero Coupé quattro 20vt
                            Indigo ABY coupé
                            Imola B6 S4 Avant

Comment

Shocks just arrived. All good so thumbs up for Winpart. Save me £80!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Nothelle S2 Avant
                              Black Ur project
                              Ocianic Ur project gone
                              S2 Coupe project gone
                              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Working...
                              X