Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our S2 is 25 Years old today!!

CECEBA73-2614-4043-AA32-1B9F34032194.jpeg
    My gorgeous S2 is 25 years old today. Quite a landmark and definitely the oldest car I have ever owned and also the longest car I have owned as I will have owned it for 20 years this October

Flippin eck. 20 years is a long time Fella. I guess its worth more now than you payed for it. Money well spent and all the enjoyment of owning it.

Comment

Totally agree , I’ve owned mine 14 years and she will be 31 next January 2nd

Comment

Remarkable indeed. Reminds me of the expression "If I knew I was gonna live this long, I'd of taken better care of myself."

I never would have been able to have afforded my humble 7A when it was new (I once saw an original invoice for these new here and it was north of 47K Cdn). In the fall of 1989 or 90, I do remember a sparkling new Ginster Gelb Coupe with not quite a 6-cylinder sound, that used to arrive and park on my street every morning. Planted the idea of possible ownership one day I suppose.

What would you say are those characteristics that cause you to happily endure the one-hundred insanities of continued ownership?

Comment

Congrats, she looks in rude health too! Had mine 20years on July 1st and its looking like it will have the year off as was taken off the road for the winter and some TLC for this summer has been paused post surgery unfortunately and is still in a hundred pieces 4th Sept 1992 it was registered so not long until it is 28yrs old.
          sigpic

1992 3b S2 Coupe

Comment

Interesting how many S2’s have become “keepers”, clearly a sign of a good car. Ours is 27-years old and we’ve owned it for 18 of those.

Lovely photo Anthony
            85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
            93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by LSG View Post
              Flippin eck. 20 years is a long time Fella. I guess its worth more now than you payed for it. Money well spent and all the enjoyment of owning it.
              I think it’s worth a little more I paid £15995 in October 2000 worth every penny!! It’s done 206000 miles which sounds a lot but at 25 years old it’s not too bad. I like to try and use it most weekends weather pending I still get the buzz and excitement when driving it. It’s going no where!!

Comment

Originally posted by simons2 View Post
                Totally agree , I’ve owned mine 14 years and she will be 31 next January 2nd
                That’s a long time as well Simon. These cars are keepers now I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by Lago Blue View Post
                  Remarkable indeed. Reminds me of the expression "If I knew I was gonna live this long, I'd of taken better care of myself."

I never would have been able to have afforded my humble 7A when it was new (I once saw an original invoice for these new here and it was north of 47K Cdn). In the fall of 1989 or 90, I do remember a sparkling new Ginster Gelb Coupe with not quite a 6-cylinder sound, that used to arrive and park on my street every morning. Planted the idea of possible ownership one day I suppose.

What would you say are those characteristics that cause you to happily endure the one-hundred insanities of continued ownership?
                  That’s a good question! These cars were always going to be very hard cars to replace the legendary UR but I think the S2 is a timeless shape and every time I open my garage to get it out I smile to think wow what a car and also how fortunate I am to own one of these beauties!! The endless thumbs ups I get or smiles or 2nd glances and people coming over to talk about my car still surprises me and especially Caroline makes it all worth while.

Comment

Originally posted by s2driveruk View Post
                    Congrats, she looks in rude health too! Had mine 20years on July 1st and its looking like it will have the year off as was taken off the road for the winter and some TLC for this summer has been paused post surgery unfortunately and is still in a hundred pieces 4th Sept 1992 it was registered so not long until it is 28yrs old.
                    That’s also a hell of a long time lol! Well I sorted the underneath out on mine 5 years ago and keep looking after it every year and now it’s sat in a garage waiting for all it’s paintwork to get revitalised lol! Can’t wait I got it done by mate Nick 15yrs ago and I still remember when I picked my S2 up and thought bloody hell it looks like it’s just come out of a showroom.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Simmonds View Post
                      Interesting how many S2’s have become “keepers”, clearly a sign of a good car. Ours is 27-years old and we’ve owned it for 18 of those.

Lovely photo Anthony
                      Thanks Ian yours is a stunning Avant. Both keepers our cars! Only way I would part with mine if someone came along and offered stupid money for it that it would be nearly impossible to turn down!!

Comment

Sorry , 30 years , I’d had a few beers , lol

Comment

I forgot my S2's birthday
                          She turned 25 years young 3 weeks ago (that is: date of 1st registration)
                          I have owned the S2 for 18 years now

Comment

Originally posted by Henkjan View Post
                            I forgot my S2's birthday
                            She turned 25 years young 3 weeks ago (that is: date of 1st registration)
                            I have owned the S2 for 18 years now
                            Also a hell of a long time! Well done mate and yours is rather special to

Comment

Congratulations! Mine is 27 years old and I have had it 16 years. They do get under your skin don't they?
                              The Perfectionist
                              sigpic
                              Audi Class Concours winner Stoner Park 2014, ADI Concours D'Elegance Class Winner 2008, Runner up 2014. Winner, S2Forum Show'n'Shine Billing 2006 & 2008.

Comment

Working...
                              X