Costs of buying parts from the EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costs of buying parts from the EU

Just wondering if anybody knows if buying a clutch kit for example from SACHS will now incur any additional fees?

On the site it mentions that 19% VAT is included in the price, but would that be deducted and the 20% UK VAT collected after purchase ? + any additional import costs?

OR will i have to pay 19% EU vat AND 20% uk vat on top?

I'm confused dot com.
    C4 A6 AEL avant quattro: daily

TYPE-85 Coupe Quattro: clicky
    2.5L GTi engineering RE2500 190hp.180lb
    Schrick 272 cam
    C A C 2.5" T304 Exhaust
    ITG filter

I am on the other side of this, where I now have to pay EU tax on items from the UK. So I am not an expert on buying EU items into the UK.

But....

You will need to pay UK VAT and possibly an import duty. Then it will be upto the seller to refund you the EU tax back. It will probably be worth speaking to them before hand rather than presuming that you can claim it back.

Hope this helps.

Jase.

Comment

It's the courier who will shaft you with fees.
      Not car parts, but bought the same jacket for my wife's boss that I bought my wife for Christmas.A bit of jacket envy occurred so for the boss's birthday I scoured the net and found one in Denmark in a sale from a gun shop for her birthday present.
      Long story short, I had to make the order up to £150.00 just to get them to ship to UK , and after that, I got robbed for an additional £60.00 by UPS for import duty etc.
      Rob

Ragussa green avant RS2+ spec
      Racing blue Octavia VRS mk2 estate-Remapped now to 250 bhp
      Audi coupe gt-slow as hell but loads of character-sold

Comment

There is info on the .gov.uk site about buying from the EU and other international locations. You pay VAT on any item over £38 from memory and import tax on items over £150 or something along these lines. Buyer beware
        91 Modded 3B
        14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

As has been said, the VAT is clear.

What is not clear is how much the courier companies rape you for the privilege, that amount is down to them....

Also, don't forget to allow up to 2 months for delivery....
          Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird Turbo....undergoing major changes.....
          S2 Coupe... bit easier off the line...
          '03 ZX12-R daily hack.... lots of nice bolt ons...

Comment

The last time I got scalped in import Royal mail charged £12 for their service. I bet some couriers charge a lot more. The last few deliveries I've had from the EU were stuck in UK customs for 5 days.
            91 Modded 3B
            14 A6 Avant Black Edition

Comment

I have recently purchased from Autodoc, around £500 worth of goods. Free delivery,
              20 kg package, no extra charges but had to wait 20 days for delivery.

Comment

Auto doc have a UK and various euro based warehouses though, do they not?

Comment

Thinking always comes from Germany -i ordered stuff on 25th Dec, and am still waiting, and have PayPal dispute in underway.

Not happy, as was £600 worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
                    not sure, as I am not a frequent buyer, but it came from Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Jaswan View Post
                      No. Despite using UK web addresses, they have no base in the UK.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Mmmm, very interesting.I had a feeling something was going on as I had an SKF wheel bearing kit on E.Bay, bought last year and never used.
                        As I bought it retail I didn't expect to make anything on it, hence the price was relatively high. Out of the blue, someone wanted it and the way he spoke made me think it was the only one, so I was happy but wondered why out of all the ones on there, he wanted mine, so I did a search. Not nearly as many as there used to be and those that were there were £20 dearer than I paid just in August 2020. Can't complain at this stage as I got my money back but what happens next time I need one!

Comment

Working...
                        X