20v turbo conversion

sigpic

signed

Comment

me too

Comment

Done
        ABY Cricket Green Pearl Coupe, blk leather
        THE ONLY TROUBLE WITH DOING NOTHING IS KNOWING WHEN YOUR FINISHED!!!

Comment

Also done

Comment

I would have, but it would not let me. ;-)
            They can have my car when they pry my cold dead fingers from the steering wheel.

Comment

It's working now. Just done.
              Nothelle S2 Avant
              Black Ur project
              Ocianic Ur project gone
              S2 Coupe project gone
              Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I have signed it, however there will no doubt be pushback from not wanting to break the alignment with MOT exemption dates, and whilst I have a 30 year old car, I'm not sure I agree with that entirely.....

I would rather they scrapped VED and shoved it all onto fuel, then we pay per mile, and by fuel consumption, thereby encouraging people to get fuel efficient cars, and reduce overall consumption. It would likely be only 2p/l so who cares.....

Less admin, less underlying costs and really easy to collect.

Comment

And no way to avoid it! No fuel, no use of the roads. Not having paid your road tax doesn't stop you using the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post
                    I have signed it, however there will no doubt be pushback from not wanting to break the alignment with MOT exemption dates, and whilst I have a 30 year old car, I'm not sure I agree with that entirely.....

I would rather they scrapped VED and shoved it all onto fuel, then we pay per mile, and by fuel consumption, thereby encouraging people to get fuel efficient cars, and reduce overall consumption. It would likely be only 2p/l so who cares.....

That is a really good idea!!

My part on this would be scrape the tax but you still have to MOT the vehicle so its road worthy though!

Awesome!!

I also signed this! Boom!!

Comment

Thinking more on this, with electric and very low emission cars already the VED is zero, how long till the whole thing gets scrapped anyway? 5 years, 10?

Comment

Quite a philosophical debate this really. I sat in the S2 whilst waiting to pick up our youngest from another half day at school due to online parent evening prep. (Don’t get me started). Anyway, ahead of me was a 2018 Merc estate. It was filthy, looked tired and carried several battle scars. At least the S2 has paid its dues to the environment and at 28-years old probably owes nothing. The Merc looked unlikely to be extended that privilege in this disposable world. Agree with Bowie on the fuel vice VED. Being an island nation it makes the vast majority pay appropriately.
                        85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
                        93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Bowie69 View Post

Boat owners would pay road tax then?
                          1992 80 quattro 20vT

Comment

Originally posted by Jamin View Post

Boat owners would pay road tax then?
                            No, the VED is 'Vehicle Excise duty', and not 'Road Tax', the money is not spent on the roads, and is just squirrelled away with the rest of the treasury's taking.

Don't boats use red diesel? This seems to suggest as much:

https://www.crownoil.co.uk/news/sail...ed-diesel-ban/

If you are running a petrol engine in a boat you clearly aren't worried about fuel costs

Comment

Just done it

Comment

Working...
                              X