S2 avant stock bumper to ground clearance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S2 avant stock bumper to ground clearance

So I finally acquired a s2 avant, it’s currently on the way to the states but my next dilemma is figuring out how to get it home from the port, I was planning on using a uhaul car transporter but I’ve since found out that you need 6in clearance in the front to get the bumper over the stops in the front, uhaul recommends putting a 2x8 under the wheels to get more clearance but that still means I need to clear 4.5in, can anyone confirm that the stock ride height of a s2 will allow that to clear? Thanks

I'm running RS2 springs which is slightly lower than stock and I have just over 8" clearance at the front.
    However, I strongly recommend you fly to port and drive your S2 home. It will surely be one of the best drives of your life. Is it the Silver one posted on Facebook this week?
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Ours is almost exactly the same at 8 inches. We’re on standard road springs, but 18” wheels.

The rear is a bit more difficult as the bumper is about 13” up but the exhaust and especially the back box is significantly lower at again around 8”.
      85 WR Urquattro, 85 20vT International liveried RallyRep
      93 MTMS2 Avant

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
        I'm running RS2 springs which is slightly lower than stock and I have just over 8" clearance at the front.
        However, I strongly recommend you fly to port and drive your S2 home. It will surely be one of the best drives of your life. Is it the Silver one posted on Facebook this week?
        It was posted on eBay for a bit it’s gray. I’d love to drive it back but it won’t be registered so I’d rather not take that risk even though it’s only a 2 hour drive or so but thank you I’ll bring some wood just incase

Comment

Yes, sounds like the same car. The seller posted a farewell video on Facebook S2 Forum.
          Nothelle S2 Avant
          Black Ur project
          Ocianic Ur project gone
          S2 Coupe project gone
          Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by Tractor Dave View Post
            Yes, sounds like the same car. The seller posted a farewell video on Facebook S2 Forum.
            just saw the post yeah that’s the car haha

Comment

Working...
            X