Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's a 2.8 B3 Coupe quattro worth these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Is it a Coupe?
    Yes it is a Coupe.
    I have just noticed that your friends 2.8 is an N reg, which is the same as my one.

Learn something new everyday it seems, I didn't know they weren't a true B4.

Might be interested in your subframe if it is still in still structurally sound and you want to sell it.

Comment

The 2.8 Coupe's are very rare and tend to be worth more than B4 quattro Saloons/Avants, which I think only ever got the lesser 2.6 V6 in the UK (could be wrong on that) so you got a good buy for £350, hell the front bumper is worth that if it's not damaged. Pretty much the only thing on them that's strictly B4 is the bonnet/face lift grill as well as the headlights, they also share the same front suspension as B4's but that didn't really change apart from the diameter of the struts since it was introduced in 1987/8.

I'll have a look at the sub-frame for you, I need to get deeper into my workshop to try and find some air-con stuff for another member which seems to be alluding me, I know where the frame is though... However don't hold your breath as it could be past saving by now, not looked at it in three years, if it's salvageable I'll PM you some pic's.
      Last edited by K Simmonds; 28 November 2021, 21:08. Reason: More info.
      1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
      1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
      1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
      1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Well everyday is a school day! I thought my 2.8 V6 Q was a B4 but apparently its a 'face lift', if thats the right phrase, B3.
        Its a 1995 vintage one which has been off the road for roughly 7 or 8 years. Lancaster Insurance did put a value of 7k on it when I took out layup insurance on it in April this year though.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
          The 2.8 Coupe's are very rare and tend to be worth more than B4 quattro Saloons/Avants, which I think only ever got the lesser 2.6 V6 in the UK (could be wrong on that) so you got a good buy for £350, hell the front bumper is worth that if it's not damaged. Pretty much the only thing on them that's strictly B4 is the bonnet/face lift grill as well as the headlights, they also share the same front suspension as B4's but that didn't really change apart from the diameter of the struts since it was introduced in 1987/8.

I'll have a look at the sub-frame for you, I need to get deeper into my workshop to try and find some air-con stuff for another member which seems to be alluding me, I know where the frame is though... However don't hold your breath as it could be past saving by now, not looked at it in three years, if it's salvageable I'll PM you some pic's.
          The Audi 80 B4 Quattro saloon was available on the UK market with the AAH 2.8 v6 engine. I own one of 1994 vintage.
          The holy grail for B4 saloon fans is the 2.0 litre 16valve Quattro “competition” . This was never supplied to the UK market but strangely I have a UK dealer pack in English for this model.

Comment

Working...
          X