Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Excellent Quality, Great Value Aldi Power Tools!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent Quality, Great Value Aldi Power Tools!

Right, as I've mentioned before I'm a bit of a tool snob, however I work as a mechanic so I need my tools to be strong, durable, reliable and well made.

I purchased the impact driver and drill set I've linked to bellow six weeks ago and used it nearly every day, it's not let me down once. I've dropped it and given some real stick as well.

I simply can not fault these for the money, okay it's not quite up to Makita standards but I rate this stuff higher than say Bosch.

Their range of Ferex tools represents outstanding value for money.

I just logged on to my account to purchased another of these set's however they're now doing a brushless range, so have taken a gamble on a brushless 20 volt impact driver and angle grinder for £130! One with battery, one with battery and charger. The great thing about Aldi is if I'm not happy they offer a full refund.

Anyway... Here's the link to the drill driver/ impact driver set I initially purchased and have thoroughly tested, they come in a well made case, the drill has an all metal chuck, they're ergonomic and well balanced, you really can't go wrong for £100.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-18v-im...06228502643400

Don't be tempted to cheap out and get the slightly cheaper version at £89.99, I inspected one of those set's in my local store and while there's nothing wrong with them for £10 more you get a vastly superior tool.

Will report on the brushless stuff once I've put it through it's paces.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Hi Kit, I'm not a professional mechanic, but I wouldn't have thought a 2.0Ah battery and 50Nm of torque would be suitable for anything other than light duties?

Comment

That's exactly what they're designed for mate, I rarely use anything larger than a 13mm socket on mine. These are not intended for wheel bolts.

I have a heavy duty air powered impact gun for serious work which simply can't be beaten by anything electronic. It's a US-Pro one so obviously made in the states, nothing defeat's that, it'll either undo it or break it. It's rated to 700NM!

I use these little guns when I'm doing something like stripping a front end off a car. I like to have one gun with a 10mm socket on it and another that'll alternate between say 13mm, 8mm and Allen head sockets, save's so much time! Those battery's despite only being 2.0Ah last a surprising long time and charge very quickly, they are made by Samsung after all. If one goes dead it'll be fully back to life and ready for action by the time I've had a cuppa.

I'll eagerly awaiting the arrival of my brushless one.

And if I don't like it I can send it back.
      Last edited by K Simmonds; 1 June 2022, 08:20.

Comment

My DeWalt impact driver is 950Nm. Sure it's a little heavy but being 18 volt battery it's a lot easier to move around than an air gun on an air line. £160. No wheel nut or anything else has defeated it so far, the biggest challenge is holding it and stopping it turning you

Comment

Wow, didn't realise Dewalt were offering such a product, 950nm is crazy powerful and that's a great price, going to have to look into getting one of them!

Still what with me being kinda old school I do like my air powered gun. Only downside is the hose as you say.

The thing I like about the little Aldi ones is they're so light and they're also dam tough.

Last edited by K Simmonds; 1 June 2022, 09:14.

Comment

The impact gun has just seen two full days of use from me while breaking my 30 valve C4, only had to change battery's once a day and the other charges in less than 45 minuet's. It also undid some really quite tight fastenings, so it's 50nm of torque maybe underselling itself a little.

I have high hopes for the brushless stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by johne View Post
              My DeWalt impact driver is 950Nm. Sure it's a little heavy but being 18 volt battery it's a lot easier to move around than an air gun on an air line. £160. No wheel nut or anything else has defeated it so far, the biggest challenge is holding it and stopping it turning you
              Johne, would you be kind enough to tell me exactly what model Dewalt gun you have please? There seems to be a couple of options. I'm going to be purchasing one this week and one can't beat a recommendation from someone who actually got one and uses it.

Comment

I have the DeWalt DCF899HN. 18v brushless. Awesome bit if kit. Had it three years with heavy use and a few bangs and bashes with no issues. It is so powerful you need to be careful where you use it. I checked the middle setting against my calibrated torque wrench for doing nuts up and it's bang on 110nm which is very handy for wheel nuts.
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Thanks Dave, I'm off to look for the best deal on one. I do love my air tools but the hose is PITA, plus 950 NM's should be pretty much undefeatable!

Comment

I've been using FFX for a few years now after a friend recommended them. Very keen prices and excellent service.
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

https://ffx.co.uk/product/Get/Dewalt...-Impact-Wrench
                      I bought the 4ah battery to go with it. I already had a charger.
                      Nothelle S2 Avant
                      Black Ur project
                      Ocianic Ur project gone
                      S2 Coupe project gone
                      Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post

Johne, would you be kind enough to tell me exactly what model Dewalt gun you have please? There seems to be a couple of options. I'm going to be purchasing one this week and one can't beat a recommendation from someone who actually got one and uses it.
                        It's the DCF899 Dave mentions. There's two versions, either a hog ring or a ball bearing to hold the socket on. I bought mine bare without a battery as I already have several DeWalt batteries, some genuine, some copies. So far, I can't tell the difference between them on performance.

Comment

Thanks for the link Johne, that's a great price for a new one!

Comment

I have the hog ring version. I was told it's stronger.
                            Nothelle S2 Avant
                            Black Ur project
                            Ocianic Ur project gone
                            S2 Coupe project gone
                            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Yep, common across makes, ring is more powerful and stronger.

Comment

Working...
                              X