Little project Audi 80 Sport....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little project Audi 80 Sport....

Sometimes eBay is dangerous, and no I wasn't drunk...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I put a bid on a ruby red 1994 Audi 80 sport not really expecting to win it, in short I did.
      on Tuesday I travelled to North Lincolnshire on the train and drove her back home.
      The car is exceptionally clean, zero rust and a few minor niggles.
      So far I have removed , soldered and set the new loom in heat shrink and refitted it.
      I have replaced a number of dash bulbs and a couple of external bulbs. The interior is spotless, even the seat foams are nice and firm. It hadms had a new exhaust system, but it was blowing terribly from the join between the downpipe and catalytic converter . I found the gasket was missing, this has been fitted and it's a much nicer place to be.The head gasket has been replaced and the head rurbished. I plan to flush the coolant and brake fluid and an engine oil change.
      The suspension and brakes are spot on, however I am going to replace the lower arm bushes as they are well worn.
      She has had paint, and it's good however it could do with a machine polish.
      Overall she's a cracking car, and drives great, starts first time and is superb on fuel I'm going to spend a bit of time getting it up to my standard , I have a new head unit to go in and I need to sort the fluctuating temp gauge.

Comment

80 sport

Sent from my Nokia C01 Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

I can't see the second pic, but the interior pic is not 80 sport spec I'm afraid.

Comment

I think this car was discussed on Classic Audi and as above, not a Sport. Think it's an E
            Looks nice though and a good buy. Well done
            Nothelle S2 Avant
            Black Ur project
            Ocianic Ur project gone
            S2 Coupe project gone
            Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I struggle with this forum and uploading photos these days, however I did my research, it has the stiffer suspension ABK engine code, why would we say it's not a Sport?
              I found another identical example this too was a sport.

Comment

Maybe someone swapped the seats?
                Nothelle S2 Avant
                Black Ur project
                Ocianic Ur project gone
                S2 Coupe project gone
                Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Others I found had the same seats, seemingly the base model didn't have aux gauges.
                  my mate is parts manager at Birmingham Audi, he has checked, she is indeed a Sport..

Comment

Back in the 90's Audi UK ran promotions and model specs became very confusing. I thought all sports had the deeper bucket type seats and the three Aux gauges . The engine is right for a late sport. Has it got the Audi markings on the doors?
                    I have a nice set of Aux gauges here by the way
                    Nothelle S2 Avant
                    Black Ur project
                    Ocianic Ur project gone
                    S2 Coupe project gone
                    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

I have a full print out if the build spec, she is all correct as per original sale. On the late B4 very few had boot badges or the door decals.
                      It seems there was an SE and E trim level SE had aux gauges and sportier seats. Most had manual windows. This one has electric front windows and electric tilt and slide sunroof.

Comment

https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/clas...20-sport-1994/

This for instance is almost identical, with manual windows

Comment

Your electric windows are aftermarket. Factory fitted switches would be on the door arm rests.

Comment

Originally posted by Monkeymagic View Post
                            https://angliacarauctions.co.uk/clas...20-sport-1994/

This for instance is almost identical, with manual windows
                            Similarly, that isn't a sport either.
                            German B4 sports had the 16v ACE engine, UK got the 8v ABK.

Comment

Yeah this is an 8v with ABK engine. I have the data sheet and build sheet from Audi, lists it having Sport pack. I need to check on front windows

Comment

Working...
                              X