GR Yaris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GR Yaris

Anyone taken the plunge and got one or have one on order? Absolute machine, stats not far off a sport quattro/RS2 but just a 3 cylinder 1.6... With track day warranty from new at no cost!
    Toyota’s new road-going rally special is a great driver’s car of the type we worried we’d never see again. It’s a little gem.
    F I R E U P T H E Q U A T T R O

1996 S2 coupe aqua green sold
    1990 MK2 Golf gti 16v oak green sold

Kits father has one and rates it very highly. He will be along to comment soon I'm sure
    Nothelle S2 Avant
    Black Ur project
    Ocianic Ur project gone
    S2 Coupe project gone
    Urs6 plus project gone

Comment

Was impressed when i drove one, fast and very good handling but sounds ****( yes i know its a 3 pot) and usual cheap plastic interior and personally i dont like the way it looks.
      1991 90 quattro 20v sport 450 bhp
      Rs2 engined ur quattro sold
      11 golf tdi

Comment

It's one of the few new cars being welded or glued like a rallycar, not just spot welded.
        Not a machine 0-100 , 0-200 but seems like a lot of fun on sideroads
        https://www.s2forum.com/forum/member...-3b-1991-coupe

Comment

I have indeed had a good go in one of these as my father had one for a year, he then sold it for considerably more than the new price as there's a shortage of them, or at least there was.

They handle like nothing else I've ever driven and are very quick, a true hooligan car, however like all modern cars it's got too much electronic stuff for my liking, the computer center console gets in the way of vision when driving in town which I found very annoying. However to be fair it's not a problem on the open road which was the car is built for, as I said the handling is absolutely amazing and it's about as quick as a stock RS2.

If I had to buy a modern car this would be close to top of the list, I think their great value for money and they hold that value.
          1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
          1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
          1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
          1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Originally posted by K Simmonds View Post
            If I had to buy a modern car ......
            You don't !

Comment

Quite right mate, there's not a cats chance in hell of me buying a modern car.... I do keep looking at your V6 CQ though, if I finally gave up trying to sell my old C4 shell and weighed it in I'd even have space for it in the yard.
              1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
              1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
              1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
              1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
              X