need a clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a clutch

Hey. Has anyone had dealings getting a complete clutch kit for a quattro 2.3 20v dont need a fly wheel. I was looking at a stage 1 kit for everyday use that would be good for track day use. Everytime I enquire I'm met with sucking air through the teeth and "Dont have one of them, for one of them mate"! Great any one had any joy getting a clutch kit recommend one PLEASE>

Sachs should still do a decent an OE replacement which will handle a fair bit more torque than stock, that would be my first choice. The OE one on my S2 managed to cope with RS2+ spec for short while and was well worn and 20 year’s old.

Your other option if your really stuck is to get your old pressure plate and friction disc reconditioned and potentially upgraded. There’s a couple of places in the UK offering such a service, not as expensive as you’d expect either. I did start looking into it as I need a clutch for my RS2 but have since managed to pick up a nearly new second hand one which I actually fitted for the owner 1000 miles before he totalled the car.

I am convinced there must be clutches from Turbo diesel engine B5 cars that would do the job but haven’t had a chance to compare any side by side.
    1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
    1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
    1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
    1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Try researching a 3B clutch...

Im sure ordered one a few years back for my cq20v. The thing which sticks in my mind is to ordered it from autodoc and believe it or not, they phoned me up to check i meant to order a 3B part! I confirmed i did and it has been fitted and working ever since.

I will try and dig out the receipt and get the part number for you.

Comment

Originally posted by steve briance View Post
        Try researching a 3B clutch...

Im sure ordered one a few years back for my cq20v. The thing which sticks in my mind is to ordered it from autodoc and believe it or not, they phoned me up to check i meant to order a 3B part! I confirmed i did and it has been fitted and working ever since.

I will try and dig out the receipt and get the part number for you.
        That a great idea, I'm pretty sure I could still find new Sachs S2 3B and ABY clutches listed earlier in the year when I started trying to find a replacement OE RS2 kit which is now unobtainable.

A 3B clutch will be a perfect fit and take anything a 7A engine can chuck at it.
        1989 B3 2.0 3A 80 quattro... Budget 1.8T Project.
        1992 C4 100 2.8 Avant quattro... Mobile Sitting Room.
        1995 RS2... MTM K26/7 380 BHP Conversion.
        1990 Corrado G60... Breaking For Parts.

Comment

Working...
        X