radiator bleed valve bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator bleed valve bolt

When we had a break in the weather I decided, well had decided ages ago that before the cold weather sets in I'll change the anti freeze, I use my B3 quattro coupe everyday, should garage it really but I just love driving it. So anyway drained the old anti freeze put in the new and was bleeding the system, now mines a generation 1 so mine has the main rad off a UR with the bleed screw on top the plastic one that when you go to undo it well yeah th f***kin thing sheered "****!, anyone tried getting a replacement mmmmm. I replaced mine with a race spec drilled flange bolt available from Pro Bolt or Race ti. Its a M10 bolt with a 1.5mm thread pitch with a length of 20mm and at a cost of £6 just remember to put a new seal ring on it and a little copper grease on the thread. got the car up to temp, bled the system, all working and not a sign of a leak anywhere, so if you do have this problem of a sheered bolt don't despair that's a good replacement, I got a stainless one but are available in alloy, titanium and a various amount of colours if you wish

Good info cheers

Comment

Working...
    X