Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lanogard rust protection anyone used this stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanogard rust protection anyone used this stuff?

So last week I decided to try this Lanogard rust protection stuff. It's not cheap the standard size injector kit and it was just over £90. I hope it's not snake oil I've just purchased. If I'm the only one I will let you know how it goes as I will apply it to the TT and run it over the winter. See what state the underside is after 5 months of horrible roads.

1-rust.jpg

Love the comment on the tub about rust prone area's. Will need a lot bigger tub that that for the rear end of the TT then.
    2-rust.jpg

I got a smaller bottle and applied it using a pressure pot and fine spray lance. Its a piece of cake doing it this way and goes a long way. Ive put it on a car i don't really care much for and have to confess I haven't looked underneath it since july to see how its doing. It was more to keep the mot tester happy as he suggested the surface rust on subframe needed arresting so I showed willing ​​​​​​

I dithered a lot before buying it as it says it needs applying annually and for cars i care about, ive used dinitrol stuff which goes on and stays on...

I am about to use the lanoguard stuff on another car and squirt it into the rolled seam between inner and outer arch, it is very thin stuff so will creep in and protect where thicker waxes won't.

Comment

It's why I'm applying it to the TT first. don't want to mess up the S2 by putting unknown "stuff" on the car. If the TT fairs well by next summer then I will apply to the S2. Don't mind spending a few quid every year if it keep the rust at bay.

Comment

The benefit of lanoguard i guess is its clear and it doesn't matter what you spray it on underneath (apart from brake discs and exhaust) as it is a clear film which won't hide nuts and bolts under a layer of black or brown stuff that instantly looks like it shouldn't be there.

You need to be sure the underside os fully dry though and at this time of year on an oitdoors car is a bit tricky. Don't spray over moisture as its then trapped and a ticking rust time bomb.

Comment

I used it on a customer's imported people mover, it's very easy to use and I used a fraction of what was in the container.
          Very watery which to me says it'll wash off, so re-application WILL be necessary, and so will checking to assess when to re-apply?
          I think it's ecologically friendly and non hazardous too which to me reads use something else !
          I've used Bilt Hammer wax for many years now, I think it's good value and it does a good job. Will continue to use it.
          Lanoguard have been advertising a lot, it'll appeal to newcomers as a new miracle spray ?!.........is it?.........maybe you can tell us next year.

Comment

That's what concerns me a little. The car is well protected in respect to parts being painted or powered coated. I'll stick it on the TT and see what happens.

Comment

I'm about to do some rust prevention on my Nissan Skyline this week or next. I'm spraying in and around the roof A, B & C pillars after a sunroof skin conversion I did (don't ask )

I've got a couple products I'm using, 3M Cavity Wax and Ardrox AV30. The later being the most grunty Aircraft grade stuff you can get, very cancerous I'm told. I'll be using full PPE. I did consider a lanolin product but I thought I might not be as permanent so opted for serious chemicals instead.

Comment

Ardrox = Dinitrol = good products in my experience.

Comment

Well I've not applied it as yet. Should have done it when it was all clean. Since the TT has been MOT'd I've already clocked up 1,000 miles and the underside is filthy, just need a dry couple of days to wash it down then apply the stuff, as I don't see any point applying it over dirt & salt.

Comment

Dirt salt or moisture.

It is meant to become a barrier between moisture and steel and if it does do that its a barrier both ways. If your TT is an outdoor car, i can't imagine it has been dry anywhere the last few weeks.

I hate this time of year for working on cars, im just so grateful for having a garage that although isn't warm, it is at least dry enough for things to actually dry out.

Comment

Working...
                    X